Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll let Jack fight his own battles, but Zinchenko has been doing all season what Klopp is only starting to do with Trent. Seems we want Timber from Ajax to give us an option to do likewise on the right hand side.
Zinchenko bless him has no real cutting edge , Pep pulled a master stroke in selling Jesus to you , fair point on Timber, but it’s Pep who sets the styles and agendas , Pep will find a better way of playing any formation, everyone else is playing catch up.

I'll let Jack fight his own battles, but Zinchenko has been doing all season what Klopp is only starting to do with Trent. Seems we want Timber from Ajax to give us an option to do likewise on the right hand side.
Zinchenko will continue to be average at best as he was with us. Cant defend for shit. Pep has said last season that he wants defenders who can defend. We have evolved and moved on. Arsenal are so far behind it’s untrue

Your continued mischaracterisations of my original post are justifiably described as strawmen.

However, for the avoidance of doubt, I was offering my opinions on why Rice, despite the obvious attractions of City might opt for Arsenal. I’m not saying he will end up with us, I was merely reacting to the many posts dismissive of Arsenal. Enough.

That’s your view. Not one I share.

My view is you made a clearly ridiculous statement in a fit of pique, and you’re trying to dodge owning that mistake by hiding behind pointless, petty arguments on structure and phraseology when your intent was clear and unambiguous for all to see.

But I’ve got more interesting things to do with my Sunday morning than waste my time engaging with someone so determined not to own up to their opinions.

Happy to block you from here and avoid having such pointless, disingenuous conversations again in future.

A great deal of speculation I see. I’ve no idea where he’ll end up but obviously I hope he chooses us over you. If he does choose us, then it’s because given the potential of our young players he can see an exciting opportunity to develop and be successful for some years to come. He will be guaranteed s starting place and be seen as one of our senior players. Arteta is here for the long haul so no danger of transition and Rice gets to stay in London.

Of course, joining City has it’s obvious attractions but Pep will likely leave in 2025, some of your key players are coming to the end of their shelf life and all winning teams ultimately come to the end of their reign.

I suspect this season just ended will mark the high water point of this City team’s success.
No danger of transition? I’d say Arteta is probably the Manager most under pressure from the get go next season….you bottled the league after leading for so long last season and now your splashing the cash like you haven’t done in years….if he doesn’t get it right he could be a casualty next season, especially if you finish outside the top 4.

Also it wasn’t that long ago the majority of your fan base wanted him out the door.

Reactions: CC1
No danger of transition? I’d say Arteta is probably the Manager most under pressure from the get go next season….you bottled the league after leading for so long last season and now your splashing the cash like you haven’t done in years….if he doesn’t get it right he could be a casualty next season, especially if you finish outside the top 4.

Also it wasn’t that long ago the majority of your fan base wanted him out the door.
They have spent plenty, since Arteta has been at Arsenal he has spent double what Pep has, but it doesn’t fit the big bad City narrative

Zinchenko bless him has no real cutting edge , Pep pulled a master stroke in selling Jesus to you , fair point on Timber, but it’s Pep who sets the styles and agendas , Pep will find a better way of playing any formation, everyone else is playing catch up.

Think both sides are happy with the deals mate, I said yesterday, you moved on and won the treble, we got 15 points better than the season before and up to top 2, so it's 1 of those transfers where all sides are happy. Think it's obvious we are playing catch-up, we were way down in 8th place.

Zinchenko will continue to be average at best as he was with us. Cant defend for shit. Pep has said last season that he wants defenders who can defend. We have evolved and moved on. Arsenal are so far behind it’s untrue

As I mentioned above bud, I'll take being so far behind in 2nd place over being so far behind in 8th place just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.