Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
That‘d be nice but not even I am that optimistic

Apart from City with Pep here for 2 more years, and maybe Liverpool with Klopp there for 2 more years, which other Manager and team is going to challenge Arteta and Arsenal? I’m not saying Arsenal are going to dominate straightaway, but by the time this young Arsenal team matures, if they stay together, it could be a very dominant team, especially if Arteta stays as manager.

As much as I want us to sign Rice, If he wants Arsenal first then aren’t we the sloppy second? Not being arrogant but we are the best team in Europe, soon to be the world, have Pep fucking guardiola as our manager and Rice still seems to not have the bollocks to challenge himself ?

When did he sign for Arsenal ?

I actually think you are right to be honest, however, I see both him, and probably Jesus, not as the final answer but players that have been good enough to transition to the type of football Arteta wants us to play (whether you think he's copying Pep is another discussion).

So I think in a year or 2 like you say we'll need to move on from 1 if not both if we want to improve further.

I actually rate Jesus as a wide attacker definitely not a striker. Love his energy and aggression and his ability to take on the fullback and get in the box and get a cross in.10 to 15 goals a season at tops. Biggest problem is because he plays on the shoulder he get pulled up for offside much too often.

As much as I want us to sign Rice, If he wants Arsenal first then aren’t we the sloppy second? Not being arrogant but we are the best team in Europe, soon to be the world, have Pep fucking guardiola as our manager and Rice still seems to not have the bollocks to challenge himself ?
In this case though, we're fighting a hard battle to convince a player who's been wooed and been talked to for months by arsenal. Understandably, he's probably been set on going to Arsenal until we came in. Now, we're trying to undo that groundwork that arsenal put in a matter of a week or two. I'd say us being still in the mix despite Arsenal and Arteta putting months and months of work into this transfer is a pretty good indictment of our pull and attractiveness as a club and project.

Apart from City with Pep here for 2 more years, and maybe Liverpool with Klopp there for 2 more years, which other Manager and team is going to challenge Arteta and Arsenal? I’m not saying Arsenal are going to dominate straightaway, but by the time this young Arsenal team matures, if they stay together, it could be a very dominant team, especially if Arteta stays as manager.
100% agree. City should be going for Ødegaard, 2 years left on his deal, Arsenals captain and a city player if I’ve seen one. 125m test the waters if nothing comes out of it Arsenal will have to blow their wage structure by paying him silly money.

Not sure why you acting like Arteta is an elite manager. He has presided over a late season collapse the last two seasons. Pep also completely exposed his tactics in the game last season at the Etihad.
The man has a lot to prove as a coach. Arsenal isn’t guaranteed to dominate anything

Not everything - as much as we want Rice, there’s no guarantee he’ll come so there are back up options in place
Utter rubbish, if you had a plan B you’d of called West Ham’s bluff by now and made it public you’re looking at said second option. You haven’t, ergo you are pinning EVERYTHING on signing Rice. If… and I mean “IF” he joins another club, your entire plan goes out the w8 Dow and you’ll panic buy. You know it, West Ham know it, the club knows it and every other team can clearly see it. Stop kidding yourself it’s not an all the cards on the table signing for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.