Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great deal of speculation I see. I’ve no idea where he’ll end up but obviously I hope he chooses us over you. If he does choose us, then it’s because given the potential of our young players he can see an exciting opportunity to develop and be successful for some years to come. He will be guaranteed s starting place and be seen as one of our senior players. Arteta is here for the long haul so no danger of transition and Rice gets to stay in London.

Of course, joining City has it’s obvious attractions but Pep will likely leave in 2025, some of your key players are coming to the end of their shelf life and all winning teams ultimately come to the end of their reign.

I suspect this season just ended will mark the high water point of this City team’s success.
If Arteta does not win a pot next season and challenge for the title he will be gone.

Big season for club and manager, the pack will be closing in on the top 4 places, your far from guaranteed to get into that.

Has Arsenal taken off their mantle of Top 4 Trophy club yet or are they now eyeing much bigger trophies like actually competing in the PL and having dreams of lifting the CL trophy. I'm still not convinced. Even now Newcastle has a bigger aura of a serious and ambitious club. Not sure why they are so on the edge, desperate and high strung recently with signing Rice. There are no magic signings that could lift a club out of mediocrity.

Money lifts clubs out of mediocrity

Not sure why you acting like Arteta is an elite manager. He has presided over a late season collapse the last two seasons. Pep also completely exposed his tactics in the game last season at the Etihad.
The man has a lot to prove as a coach. Arsenal isn’t guaranteed to dominate anything

they had one good half season and suddenly think they are Liverpool
In fairness to the dippers they posted three seasons of top quality opposition/points totals
They finished within a point twice and won it the other
They never bottled it like arsenal

Is there any evidence we have made a bid yet? Arsenals offers seem to get leaked to the press, presumably from West Ham, but nothing stated we have bid from what I have read, just were about to.

Fact City have yet to bid confirms the theory Arsenal are Rice's first choice. I think City are monitoring and if for whatever reason Arsenal cant do the deal, City will prevent themselves as an alternative. Or your interest was passive at best, and West Ham blew it up to hurry Arsenal into action.

I actually think Arsenal and West Ham are talking behind the scenes now that a 'bidding war' is out of the question. It was in West Hams interest to receive and review bids, and not reveal their hand as to encourage a 'bidding war'. However, Rice seems resolute in his desire to move to Arsenal so any notion of a 'bidding war' is dead in the water. West Ham know if they are getting 100m for Rice, they are getting it from Arsenal. So as of right now, I think both clubs are in talks about the deal to bring it to a conclusion. I dont think Arsenal will prepare a bid and sent it to West Ham to review, both clubs are negotiating terms as we speak. The next major development will not be an Arsenal bid. Rather it will be an agreement between West Ham and Arsenal.

Major coup for us if we do it. Also lays down a marker for any potential suitors in Odegaard or Saka. If we can bid 100m for Rice. We can reject 100m for Saka or Odegaard.
Someone's projecting...!

I genuinely don’t see them challenging for first next season. I think they'll be back on a top four finish fight. Far too many others will improve and be back pushing for top four next season for me.
Over the next few seasons, not next season and probably not until Pep has left.

Can I borrow your crystal ball?
It’s not about guessing, it’s exactly how every other club works. That’s why we are different, we do things differently. You can use Dias, Akanji, Ake, as examples of signings off the back of us walking away from our “first choice” options who everyone thought who? Yet all 3 are treble winners and part of a unique set up where we genuinely are about the team/family first. It’s the exact reason you bottled it, will continue to bottle it and are pinning all your future hopes on Rice!
Im 45, I’ve seen City of old do the exact same thing, I see other clubs do it every window and you are no different. You had one decent season where others underachieved and suddenly all the talk is of you being our competitor. I see Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea and dare I say Utd all pushing us harder this coming season than Arsenal.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I cannot understand the clamour for Rice. I've not watched him extensively but what does he actually do well to justify that monumental price tag? Personally I think Phillips is the better footballer
I genuinely see him signing for Arsenal and them fighting to get 4th, meanwhile Philips gets a shot and picks up another couple of trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.