Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in a similar position on this one mate.

Decent player and all that, but I don’t really think he’s what we need - for me, we’d be far better served focusing our investment further up the pitch to start replacing KDB, Bernardo and Gundo. We look very light in attacking midfield, and Rice simply isn’t that kind of player.

We’ve got Rodri, Stones, Phillips and Lewis who to varying degrees can all play a similar role, so I just don’t see the urgent need!

He’s also way over-priced at anywhere near £100m. We paid that for Jack, granted, but I believe there were both on and off the pitch considerations behind that fee that we simply don’t get with Rice.

I trust the Club, so if we are actually in for him I know Pep will have a clear plan for his role in the team - but if me much happier if we were in for someone like Szoboszlai instead.
Absolutely agree. If Gundo and Bernie were both to leave it puts an incredible amount of pressure on an aging KDB to do so much creating. Would love another attacking midfielder unless they think McAtee can do it (which I don’t think they’d take that risk on)

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying, they are pinning everything on signing Rice.

To be honest, we've missed out on lots of players, even in the last 12-18 months.
We missed out on Vlahovic and ended up with Jesus, missed out on Martinez so signed Zinchenko, missed out on Mudryk so signed Trossard.

Rice I do feel is different and I posted about that a couple of days ago, but I had resigned myself to him going to City, so if we miss out we'll just need to get someone else.

No club always gets everyone they are in for, not even City.

To be honest, we've missed out on lots of players, even in the last 12-18 months.
We missed out on Vlahovic and ended up with Jesus, missed out on Martinez so signed Zinchenko, missed out on Mudryk so signed Trossard.

Rice I do feel is different and I posted about that a couple of days ago, but I had resigned myself to him going to City, so if we miss out we'll just need to get someone else.

No club always gets everyone they are in for, not even City.
IMO you got the better player in Trossard

would have liked him here

They are relying on one man to gain them the PL trophy! They are convinced they “are back” but they pushed in a season that only City gave chase. This season I expect 4 teams to be in the mix.

They also have Havertz, if it’s the Chelsea version and they try to win any of the cups they’re in I think they’ll struggle for the top 3.

As long as they are above those twats from Old Trafford who’ll be in 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.