Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I want us to sign Rice, If he wants Arsenal first then aren’t we the sloppy second? Not being arrogant but we are the best team in Europe, soon to be the world, have Pep fucking guardiola as our manager and Rice still seems to not have the bollocks to challenge himself ?
Nothing wrong with sloppy seconds -:)

I'm happy either way, if he comes we win trophies, if he doesn't come we win trophies.

Looks like we are prepared to play the long grain on this one.

Maybe he will but what’s the odds?
very high, he obviously is skillfull on the ball and many west ham fans think he is better than just sitting as a DM, we have just lost gundo, potentially could lose berny and mahrez and kev has half a season at best in him.

Pep could see him expanding from the role he plays at west ham into a more box to box or forward midfileder, he could potentially play 80-90% of our games depending on what we are buyng him for.

This is why Pep is a genius, he doesn't buy a player for just what they do, but what they could become and evolve into.

Last edited:
Let’s not forget that at Christmas time Partey and Xhaka were being hailed as the best centre miss in the country. That ended well didn’t it?
I know it was a typo or more likely autocorrect but it’s actually true they do miss a hell of a lot

Maybe I'm missing something, but I cannot understand the clamour for Rice. I've not watched him extensively but what does he actually do well to justify that monumental price tag? Personally I think Phillips is the better footballer

I’m in a similar position on this one mate.

Decent player and all that, but I don’t really think he’s what we need - for me, we’d be far better served focusing our investment further up the pitch to start replacing KDB, Bernardo and Gundo. We look very light in attacking midfield, and Rice simply isn’t that kind of player.

We’ve got Rodri, Stones, Phillips and Lewis who to varying degrees can all play a similar role, so I just don’t see the urgent need!

He’s also way over-priced at anywhere near £100m. We paid that for Jack, granted, but I believe there were both on and off the pitch considerations behind that fee that we simply don’t get with Rice.

I trust the Club, so if we are actually in for him I know Pep will have a clear plan for his role in the team - but if me much happier if we were in for someone like Szoboszlai instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.