Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn’t have a lot of luck with injury but then took the piss and Guadiola noticed
Second season syndrome has affected a lot of City’s buys - but the difference is the likes of Rodri were given air time in their first season to bed in - Philips hasn’t featured at all , and him getting shit faced at the soonest opportunity doesn’t do him any favours , you just don’t come back from England camp at the World Cup - overweight , like you’ve been on the piss with the lads at Benidorm for a month, it’s the only feasible reason that we maybe in for Rice , if I was Kalvin I’d be on the phone pronto and not going on the piss again before pre season.

Thing is I can’t see us buying Rice with the intention of him playing the same position as Rodri, he’d hardly play though he might fill in for him sometimes. The intention must be a change of system and they both play , which makes it far easier than it was for Phillips expected to be able to be back up and do the Rodri role solo.

I like Rice but I doubt he can do what Rodri does. Rodri completes over 80 passes per game, sometimes over 100. Rice can't do this without being too safe in his passing. One of the reasons why Rodri was underrated even by City fans was that his passes looked easy and nothing special. Actually, very few players in the world can do what Rodri does as a deep playmaker.

But Rice can do things Rodri can't, such as powerful runs with the ball and without the ball. Both can complement each other really well.

If we play two dm in new system then who is going the backup for those two that's very good question.

Maybe Stones and Gvardiol will be played in there if needed.
That was my question, which is why I’m a little surprised we want Phillips out as part of the deal. However I can’t believe Pep will want 2 sitting DMs he’ll want something more creative from either Rice or Rodri or both, which is maybe where Kovacic comes into the rotation equation.
Somebody did post
…………………..RODRI

…….RICE……………………KOVACIC

……………..………KDB
So maybe something like that with Stones or Gvaurdiol stepping in. Whatever Pep will have a plan :)

Players can't win it seems, Kalvin has admitted he struggled last season and wants to put it right and fight for his place and is obviously committed to the club but everyone is ready to get rid of him after one season. Many on here were fine with Ake being sold and he was crucial to our season Kalvin might be able to turn it around and personally I think he should be given the chance to do so. If it's true that people are pressuring Phillips maybe the club and Pep need to look at themselves they bought him and gave him the contract. It really doesn't sit right with me the way some people are trying to justify treating him in a shitty way because they want someone else. It's on the club not Phillips.
Maybe Pep sees it in training everyday, let’s hope he’s given the chance to put the wrongs right, this is a big season coming up after the Lord Mayors show , no resting on our laurels now , Pep will be on them to see if they want more , let’s do four in a row and smash every record ever set.

Tolmies post reminds me of that documentary about City’s young hooligans on a few years ago on tv,where a blue makes a phone call and said “is that West Ham” ? when they were arranging a meet up to fight.
That's the Blazin' Squad, pal. They'd shit all over the ICF. The world's a safer place when they've got our backs.

Second season syndrome has affected a lot of City’s buys - but the difference is the likes of Rodri were given air time in their first season to bed in - Philips hasn’t featured at all , and him getting shit faced at the soonest opportunity doesn’t do him any favours , you just don’t come back from England camp at the World Cup - overweight , like you’ve been on the piss with the lads at Benidorm for a month, it’s the only feasible reason that we maybe in for Rice , if I was Kalvin I’d be on the phone pronto and not going on the piss again before pre season.

This has become waaay too complicated. If the success relies on Phillips going then I’m calling it. I can’t see how we’ll get all the ducks in a row.
It's not complicated phillips is not going to make it at city, sounds like he's been told, with west ham he gets to stay in the PL and gets a great chance to resurrect his career and more importantly to him his england career, he was told by Southgate to play more football

I dont get it, Rice saying he wants to go to arsenal.
He made a statement a couple of weeks ago that he wanted to go to a club that wins trophies, a club that wins the big cup. I think his agent needs to have a word with him

I dont get it, Rice saying he wants to go to arsenal.
He made a statement a couple of weeks ago that he wanted to go to a club that wins trophies, a club that wins the big cup. I think his agent needs to have a word with him

Has Rice actually said he wants arsenal or is it shitty twitter accounts and red top media who want him to go to Arsenal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.