Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is though he will make a fairly reasonable post and half the board gets wildly offended and calls him a **** and says fuck off for no reason. Certain City fans have become hyper sensitive with success. It's gotten so opposition fans can't even come on here and offer a perspective, makes the board a poorer place.
It does get a tad RAWK'ish.

I'm not a fan of Arsenal due to their capitulation to the Rags and thought Wenger should have stood up for himself more against the piss can. They also put the stadium ahead of the squad and therefore allowed the horrible twats in Salford to win more league titles. However, that Hackett fella seems ok - even more so as he takes dog's abuse from some. I suppose it goes with the territory of going on another team's forum. I would certainly never sign up to a Rag forum.

Has Rice actually said he wants arsenal or is it shitty twitter accounts and red top media who want him to go to Arsenal?
I dont believe so. I think he told West Ham he wanted out (and at that point Arsenal were likely the only ones to have show their hand), so the press promptly put 2 and 2 together and it became “Rice only wants Arsenal.

Having said that im not convinced he’ll come to us personally. Bit surprised the rags arent in for him big time!!

There‘s very little evidence that our fans were celebrating back in March. We‘ve had too many occasions in the past when early hopes were subsequently dashed. If you look at my posts all season, you will see I was always clear a title win was unlikely given the relative weakness of our squad and the over dependence on key players who if injured we couldn’t cover for. But don’t let the facts get in the way of your prejudice, eh?

Below is my post from October last year in the Arsenal thread:

You’re right to point to our lack of depth and the over dependence on key players who if missing through injury would badly impact our performances and that is why the league in reality is highly unlikely. I suspect we might have a better prospect therefore with the Europa League but even that is difficult. Our goal is top 4. Anything else is a bonus. Were we unable again to secure champions league football, the season would be seen as a failure.

I need say no more.

Ppppffffff yeah right….. you lot were giving it large in March. Loads of ‘champions’ merchandise started appearing amongst street sellers - you were all giddy with it….

Thing is I can’t see us buying Rice with the intention of him playing the same position as Rodri, he’d hardly play though he might fill in for him sometimes. The intention must be a change of system and they both play , which makes it far easier than it was for Phillips expected to be able to be back up and do the Rodri role solo.
Although if moving to some kind of full time double pivot then if Phillips didn’t go 3 covering 2 slots is still 40 games each on average

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.