Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players can get away with it with efforts made on the pitch , Kalvin came across as one of the kit men , bladdered , you didn’t see the likes of Palmer or Rico ballooning - and they’d made more of a contribution to the treble than he did , but if he honest , he deserves a chance to show why we bought him , I just don’t see Pep giving him that chance , when the likes of Rico were given the nod over him in games.

He didn’t have a lot of luck with injury but then took the piss and Guadiola noticed

There‘s very little evidence that our fans were celebrating back in March. We‘ve had too many occasions in the past when early hopes were subsequently dashed. If you look at my posts all season, you will see I was always clear a title win was unlikely given the relative weakness of our squad and the over dependence on key players who if injured we couldn’t cover for. But don’t let the facts get in the way of your prejudice, eh?

Below is my post from October last year in the Arsenal thread:

You’re right to point to our lack of depth and the over dependence on key players who if missing through injury would badly impact our performances and that is why the league in reality is highly unlikely. I suspect we might have a better prospect therefore with the Europa League but even that is difficult. Our goal is top 4. Anything else is a bonus. Were we unable again to secure champions league football, the season would be seen as a failure.

I need say no more.
Sang “now you’re gonna believe us we’re gonna win the league” at anfield up 2-0

Either way Pep watching. He would have been far better off not drinking and when asked why he wasn’t partying like the others he could have said ‘because I’m determined to get in the team and so my hard work starts now’.

The message that would have sent out would have been far better than him getting smashed and singing on the mic.
What a load of absolute bollocks

Maybe send Phillips on loan with an option to buy. Win win for both , kalvin gets full season to impress , west ham get chance to sign him and if things don’t work out , he’s back at city.
Was thinking exactly the same myself

Thing is I can’t see us buying Rice with the intention of him playing the same position as Rodri, he’d hardly play though he might fill in for him sometimes. The intention must be a change of system and they both play , which makes it far easier than it was for Phillips expected to be able to be back up and do the Rodri role solo.

If we play two dm in new system then who is going the backup for those two that's very good question.

Maybe Stones and Gvardiol will be played in there if needed.

Players can't win it seems, Kalvin has admitted he struggled last season and wants to put it right and fight for his place and is obviously committed to the club but everyone is ready to get rid of him after one season. Many on here were fine with Ake being sold and he was crucial to our season Kalvin might be able to turn it around and personally I think he should be given the chance to do so. If it's true that people are pressuring Phillips maybe the club and Pep need to look at themselves they bought him and gave him the contract. It really doesn't sit right with me the way some people are trying to justify treating him in a shitty way because they want someone else. It's on the club not Phillips.

Tolmies post reminds me of that documentary about City’s young hooligans on a few years ago on tv,where a blue makes a phone call and said “is that West Ham” ? when they were arranging a meet up to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.