Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Unimpressed'. I know people like to think this is masterful negotiations but I just think it's tiresome. It's clear what West Ham want due to it being leaked. Why bother leaving the door open for Arsenal?

I'd be excited to get rice, but I think I like the idea more of us losing out on him and having to go after another Ruben Diaz-esque third choice that none of us have heard of.

If arsenal get rice I can tell you right now how it will play out. Media and neutral fans will fawn over his performances and arsenal will have a decent enough season scraping into the top four, but ultimately only winning a domestic cup if anything. Rice will have a decent season but will be lauded as a masterstroke in which they got one over us.

Meanwhile, whoever we sign, be it a household name or a Diaz, will have a decent season as they acclimatize to pep but the greater football world will decide they flatter to deceive. We win at least one major trophy.

In later seasons rice is fine at arsenal winning the odd cup here and there and continues to be a media darling whilst not really improving. Whoever signs as our 8, with a minimum two seasons under pep, becomes or continues to be one of the world's best.

Ultimately, it could be rice, it could be someone else, but the difference is pep.

Sullivan keeping the media apprised with all about the Rice deal. Well that’s one way to conduct business. “Unimpressed”

"Unimpressed" puts pressure on Arsenal. WHam are milking the race. Bad news for Arsenal who have miscalculated both WHam's and City's stances. Arsenal should have concentrated on Rice and done the deal while we were waiting for Gundo and Barca.

I think city will walk away. The tone of that tweet from ornstein won’t go down well with city (clearly come straight from West Ham) and I doubt we will get involved in a bidding war.

I find negotiation a bit tiresome but some people love it.

To me it's obvious that a package totalling £100m will do it and that City are prepared to go there. But to satisfy the ego and PR management of the West Ham leadership we have to go through this charade to make them look like masters of business.

Gonna be a pr disaster for whoever misses out on rice.

Narrative will either be:

City once again pip arsenal

Arsenal best city to rice and show they mean business

The fact pep wanted to keep gundogan and we couldn’t do that as well as missing out on Bellingham I feel it’s really important we land rice.

agreed! Its clear Pep wants him and like you say, if we lose out on another top target to Arsenal its not a great look and Pep possibly would not be happy? If its true he asked for Rice, Gvardiol and Kovacic then i`m sure hes benn promised them to go for everything again next season? Add the extra £10m and get the deal done!

Well we knew this was going to get rejected. They have been unequivocally asking for 100m.
Normally clubs underbid if the player has promised them they will only come to that club. I am not sure if Rice would have made his mind this soon.

It was all Arsenal and suddenly City in the picture after Gundo to Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.