Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think 100m for Rice is a fair fee seeing you will get at least 10 years and He is a top player
He’s a talented young player, no doubt. But:
a) the cost is an issue now, especially with contracts coming to an end further up the pitch and if we’re looking for a mega-striker.
b) we know the kind of player Pep wants in that position, going back to Busquets, wanted Jorginho before Rodri etc. Rice isn’t as good as Rodri at doing what Pep wants.
c) I’m sure Rice could do the job but we would be taking away his best quality which is his ability to drive forward from midfield.

As someone alluded to earlier, he does seem like a good lad who puts the team first and who other players want to play with/for. He won’t be wasted money, whoever buys him, just not for us imo.

Wouldn’t mind seeing him at Chelsea but wouldn’t want to see him at the dippers; can’t see them dropping £100m on that position though. Ideal outcome would be the rags. I reckon his career would stall there. Don’t like to see that with a promising young player but I’m prepared to make that sacrifice;)

i think if u plucked him out of West Ham and put him in our squad u would see how average he is

I actually think the exact opposite would apply, a season or 2 under Pep's tutelage and he would become immense!
I also see him as a future successor to Vinny, in a similar way that Vinny started in midfield, but ended up being a colossus for us at the back!
Just my opinions of course.

Its a bit of a weird one.. cos Rice would fit absolutely perfectly in Chelseas 3-4-3, and not many CMs can do that role both offensively and defensive as well as I think Rice would do, but Marina seems to have decided that hes not coming back.. so maybe United is the most likely then. I am not sure I want to see him as a pure Pivot.

This thread really playing out like the Six Stages of Grief…

The price will be the issue, but as grealish case if pep wants him the club will try go for him even at 100m price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.