Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a talented young player, no doubt. But:
a) the cost is an issue now, especially with contracts coming to an end further up the pitch and if we’re looking for a mega-striker.
b) we know the kind of player Pep wants in that position, going back to Busquets, wanted Jorginho before Rodri etc. Rice isn’t as good as Rodri at doing what Pep wants.
c) I’m sure Rice could do the job but we would be taking away his best quality which is his ability to drive forward from midfield.

As someone alluded to earlier, he does seem like a good lad who puts the team first and who other players want to play with/for. He won’t be wasted money, whoever buys him, just not for us imo.

Wouldn’t mind seeing him at Chelsea but wouldn’t want to see him at the dippers; can’t see them dropping £100m on that position though. Ideal outcome would be the rags. I reckon his career would stall there. Don’t like to see that with a promising young player but I’m prepared to make that sacrifice;)
Liverpool will not drop £100 on anyone has there business model is abit like ours as they never get involved in bidding wars and just plan and get there guy .

Agree but unfortunately he’ll improve the rag shite, therefore I hope he shows some mad loyalties to the hammers or does his cruciate.
Does he improve what is an extremely toxic dressing room? He thrives at West Ham due to the work ethic instilled from moyes, not only is that a long way from being replicated at the swamp, it will invariably stagnate a player!

Does he improve what is an extremely toxic dressing room? He thrives at West Ham due to the work ethic instilled from moyes, not only is that a long way from being replicated at the swamp, it will invariably stagnate a player!
you can see the Kidderminster game where he showed his leadership skills, I think he'd help at the Swamp particularly if a few players are heading out this summer.

Lol at this thread. Seems like a mad house with a crowd welling “rags bound” and the other “Chelsea bound because of a best friend”. It seems inevitable to me that our interest will become clear in the coming months. It’s the Grealish saga all over again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.