Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ball was in Arsenal's court and they've smashed it!

Driving the price up for us? Still thinking Rice wants them as much as us?! We shall see. Sets a benchmark for us now at least.

I do think we will walk away if it's £100m on the nose.

I don't see Rice as Rodri cover, he has the attributes to be box to box like Bellingham. But when plan a could be secured for less up front I doubt we will be interested in plan b for as much as is quoted..... it's huge jump from 75m in 4 instalments to 100m up front though, so would assume there are still deferred payments and that could keep us tempted.

If City bid money plus Phillips instead of all cash k would be fine with it but not breaking another record for Rice.

Now things get interesting. Will WHU reject? Likely depend on structure of payments.

If they accept, do City go in with same?

Both clubs must surely have known it would take £100m+.

I know your not aloud to critic the club on here but I do think the way we have dealt with the gundogan/Bellingham/rice situation has been pretty poor.
Of course you are allowed to critique the club but I can't see any issues with the 3 players you have mentioned.
Gundogan wanted to move on, we did what we could to keep him but Barcelona was his preferred option.
Something similar with Bellingham and he is now why ere he wanted to be.
Rice appears to prefer Arsenal but we still put in a big bid for him.
Not sure what more we can do.

1 million a year until 2130 something what?!?! I got chills when I read this wow no way seems mad crazy if anything. I would let them have the player because that’s statement of intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.