Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing to do is for us to say we’ll match that offer and then it’s up to Rice.

Assuming Sullivan isn’t going to do something daft and reject that.

Depends on payment terms. I can't see them dropping the number of payments from 75m over 4 to 100m on the nose!

West Ham need cash to replace him now not in a few years.

City will have been waiting for Arsenal's move and now it's over to West Ham. We are in the perfect position to react though.

Good player, but not sure he's worth that, especially if your current midfielders aren't liable to get a red at any time or, er, may feel the need to move somewhere without extradition.

If Bernardo stays, we don't need another midfielder this season. If he goes, we'll have extra cash for an alternative.

Strange though that he only wanted Arsenal yet they've increased their bid massively as if they were concerned they'd lose him otherwise...

City won’t be publicly agreeing to £100m for any player let alone Rice while still negotiating for Gvardiol! The moment we “agree a deal” with West Ham we give RB Leipzig the opportunity to try and rinse us for more money. Once that deals boxed off I suspect City will either just pay what WH want or move on to another target of equal or better ability for probably less money.

Arsenal went from an opening offer worth £80m to a 2nd offer worth a potential £90m, to a 3rd offer worth a potential £105m, so why wouldn’t City reach the same figure from an opening offer worth £90m? I think we’d have no problem with the fee if Arsenal’s bid gets accepted. We’d match it all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.