Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, the club would have known that first offer wasn’t going to be accepted and the idea we’ve bid just to drive the price up for arsenal is absolute nonsense.
Can see us having a bid accepted that’s structured a lot more to West Ham’s liking, and, unless arsenal completely lose their heads and slap down an absolutely ridiculous offer out of panic, he’ll sign for city.

I too can’t see us not bidding again mate. After what Pep did last season I think khaldoon is going to give him the main players he wants this summer

Scare tactics in my opinion, trying to get City to back off , if we are so blasé about throwing money around as Arsenal fans think , then we’d blow them out of the water with a bigger bid , they are looking very smalltime , Sullivan will listen to the player , he’s not selling dildos to the highest bidder , anything approaching 100m with favourable payment terms will be accepted with what the player wants for his career. Arsenal appear very desperate to me - if in fact this latest bid is believable.
100m is the magic number, I think. Arsenal's 100m + 5m means in reality 100m, and they aren't paying up front as much as Sullivan wants. 90m + 10m with the bulk up front might be enough. With City, anything other than ballon d or is money in the bank.

I think Phillips is the biggest bone we can throw them and it's going to trump any bids Arsenal make short of anything obscene (even though we're already there with the sums being put forward).

With Phillips, it's not just going to be about the cash - they'd also be getting their first choice replacement for Rice.

Getting Phillips to agree is seemingly the biggest hurdle.
He’s certainly big-boned.

I think we are going to win this. I think Arsenal just showed their hand, and we will beat based on payment structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.