Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you are a better man then. As for me, 100M+ for RICE bothers me, Declan is not a 100M+ player no matter how relative you look at it, whether we buy him with at that Price or not. Even if CITY can afford it, even if its not my money, it still bothers me. Such amounts for average and just above average players are what skews the market.

He's not average, though. City would never offer 60+m for a (just above) average player. Rice is an excellent player and is young for a midfielder. A good chunk from those 100m is for his potential. It's something like: 70m actual level, 30m potential.

IF we bid over 100m for him, Pep rates him highly, much more than many on here.

Given I was told people at City thought he’d end up at Arsenal a few days ago I was surprised to see us make an official proposal for him.

100 million pounds for Declan Rice is truly laughable.

What is Rodri worth then ? 200 million ?

Id be staggered if we don’t now walk away and move on to other targets.

Yes - we should get one of the other 24 year old Premier League captains who have more than 40 caps for England and 200 PL games, who are widely regarded as one of the best midfielders in the world. Like Phillips.

If Grealish was £100m aged 25, and Arsenal have bid £105m total for Rice, then that's a fair valuation.

Given I was told people at City thought he’d end up at Arsenal a few days ago I was surprised to see us make an official proposal for him.

100 million pounds for Declan Rice is truly laughable.

What is Rodri worth then ? 200 million ?

I would be staggered if we don’t now walk away and move on to other targets.

The only ace up our sleeve would be including Kalvin in the deal but I don’t see him being remotely interested in going to West Ham. He’s desperate to stay.

Guess we knew we had to pay 100m+ to get Rice. We are likely to bid again.

Last edited:
Well, you are a better man then. As for me, 100M+ for RICE bothers me, Declan is not a 100M+ player no matter how relative you look at it, whether we buy him with at that Price or not. Even if CITY can afford it, even if its not my money, it still bothers me. Such amounts for average and just above average players are what skews the market.
Why care? Chill, don’t worry, be happy. Genuinely, Save your fretting for your own finances mate.
Then sit back and enjoy the fact MCFC can now do this after all the many years we couldn’t, and then enjoy the show next season, thats what we pay them for - they worry, so we don’t have to. It won’t make a h’apenth of difference to me in the big scheme of things whether City pay £7.50 or £150m for a commodity that they believe will entertain me more.

He'll be a blue come the end of the day.Arsenal have shown their hand and we will mach it with a better payment structure and add on's or just pay it all in one like Grealish.With players outgoing we can spend our 300 million prize money anyway we want and on who we want.

She effectively said if she wanted a player but her club were messing around with low numbers, shed ask other clubs to outbid her club to prompt them into paying what the selling club wanted. The legality of which you decide.
But to stop the moaners moaning… She was talking about the Rice deal so it’s relevant ;)
I wonder why she's not doing the same job anymore?

Fair fucks to Arsenal for going balls deep.

Will City do same?

I guess it comes down to what we think he’s worth to us.

My guess is that we don’t value him quite so highly, especially if Bernardo is staying.

Jumping from 75m+15m in add ons to 100m+ 5m add ons is a massive jump in fee! Been turn down by West Ham because payments are spread to long! We offer 100m I two instalments over 2 years will West Ham except that? Or
Do they want 120m which they mentioned weeks ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.