Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I admire the clubs unwavering stance on not getting Involved in bidding wars etc etc. This is different. Yaya Toure- eque player who’s got that lung busting run in him and the defensive capabilities to match.
Helps that he said that Yaya is his idol.
As a DM he is beter at defending than rodri. He can help us add a dimension to our team that we don’t have.

24 years old, hungry, motivated, top, top character fresh face for pep and the team to mould. Potential England captain.

Since yesterday I’ve been watching full length matches of him and studying his game and what I can say is he is exceptional. If pep wants him, and I imagine is the case, we simply HAVE to deliver.
We’ve come off the back of a successfully treble, it’s time for us to look forward and strengthen a avoid falling into complacency.

Sure we might have to go a bit beyond our valuation but it’s all worth it. Trust me.

A good player yes.
A £100m+ player I don’t think so.
Arsenal are clearly desperate for him, so match the bid with better terms and make Arsenal spend even more.
In an ideal word they spend big, shit the bed, miss out on the champions league and then fail ffp.
Happy days.
I have every faith in our club, Pep and our plan B or C
Insane transfer market when the going rate for a good player (not world class) is +£100m.

Grealish isn't worth £100m.

The market dictates and we can either shit or get off the pot and allow other teams to catch up.

We have our foot on the neck of football, this is absolutely the time we should keep it there and destroy optimism elsewhere.

I saw a piece yesterday which said when United won the Treble in 99, they went out and bought Silvestre, Taibi and some other no mark for a combined for £10m.

Arsenal said thanks for very much.
100% cannot agree more. We need to keep our foot on the gas and keep evolving as a team.

Money going on Arsenal since that latest bid went in. Now 1/6 with Sky Bet. I don't this is done yet - we wouldn't have bid in the first place if we weren't seriously interested so unless Rice has said in the meantime that he wants Arsenal and Arsenal only, it's up to us to counter their bid.

West Ham might just get their £120m after all

No, according the papers Pep can.

I trust Pep's judgement implicitly, so if he comes I support him as much as any player past or present.

But right now I genuinely don't believe that we even want him. I think we just want Arsenal to empty their pockets.
you are giving us frogs a bad name with that bollocks, you actually think we have bid 90m and don't want him , FFS

Because it is a sensible assumption.

The club walked away from pursuing Harry Kane over a similar amount when our greatest striker needed replaced, and went into the season without anyone there. Waited a year for a defender when Vince left, waited a year for Rodri rather than paying 5-10m more for Jorginho.

Maybe the club do a fuck-it bid. Unlike the examples above, we have 3 players in that position already, and no need to pay silly money.

The context is a bit different, though. We can make history next season too by winning 4 PLs in a row and/or back to back CLs. Plus, Pep may leave in 2 years.

Go for it now.

That said, Pep/Txiki may think that we can make the team stronger by investing 100m elsewhere. If we give up on Rice, we are likely to have a plan how to use those 100m to strengthen the team.

Gundo(or Bernie) out and Rice in isn't an improvement.

Or

As no-one actually knows the thinking behind bringing him in(positionally/role in team). The only claim regarding him improving us you can say with your chest is he's better than Phillips.

Kovacic is also a brilliant signing.

Pep knows what he wants with him and that is good enough for me.

Rice is improving us considerably if he can also cover Rodri without much difference.

Stances do change.

If anything, waiting means the market will dictate even more a higher price in the months and seasons to come.

Especially so, as we have now telegraphed we want Rice/midfielder of his type.

Haaland was an opportunity because of his release clause, otherwise we have to find £200m last summer, more than Kane would have cost us.

The overriding sense is Pep wants Rice and coming off the back of last season, we should deliver for him.

All these other names being suggested, unless it's FDJ, the rest are shit l, unproven, or likely to miss home and their momma.

You are not wrong in what you are saying. I am right in what I said. Obviously, can go either way this, and maybe the stance Might change (for what would be the first time in what 7,8,9 maybe even 10 years?).

But the assumption we wouldn't suddenly up a high end 90m bid by some 25%, when we have 3 players in that position and have been well known to have walked away from what were considered key targets, is as sensible a guess as it gets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.