Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kovacic is also a brilliant signing.

Pep knows what he wants with him and that is good enough for me.

Rice is improving us considerably if he can also cover Rodri without much difference.

think we will bid again mate? If Pep really wants Rice i cant see Khaldoon and Soriano not backing him after what he`s done? I assume there is also a competitive edge now with Arsenal where they wont want to be beaten to a top target by them?

The context is a bit different, though. We can make history next season too by winning 4 PLs in a row and/or back to back CLs. Plus, Pep may leave in 2 years.

Go for it now.

That said, Pep/Txiki may think that we can make the team stronger by investing 100m elsewhere. If we give up on Rice, we are likely to have a plan how to use those 100m to strengthen the team.
100 million could be spent on two top young midfielders with release clauses. 40mill Gabri Veiga. 60 mill Szobsalai

He's not average, though. City would never offer 60+m for a (just above) average player. Rice is an excellent player and is young for a midfielder. A good chunk from those 100m is for his potential. It's something like: 70m actual level, 30m potential.

IF we bid over 100m for him, Pep rates him highly, much more than many on here.
Rice is not world class. Over 100M+ for just above average player is crazy. So how much are we going to start paying for World class players? 500M? and how about generational talents? 1Billion+? If the going rate for RICE is above 100M

Plus, if the rumours are to be believed, his missus wasn't too impressed with the local restaurants.

Gundo just reached his natural end with us.

New wife, baby on way, lifting all three trophies.

City knew for months is was coming to an end, but respectfully let him get his head down and play his best football in the final weeks.

It’s a lot of money for someone who arguably wouldn’t even be in our best starting XI.

I think a few are being caught up in now having to beat Arsenal to his signature. I wouldn’t be heartbroken if we lost out on this one.

We have a glaring weakness at RW/RF (even more so if Bernie goes) and would prefer serious money be spent there.

And maybe we will spend serious money in those areas.

Don't think mutually exclusive. We have a big budget this summer.

I want Rice because he's the best of his type after Rodri and the perfect profile, in terms of his age and character.

And maybe we will spend serious money in those areas.

Don't think mutually exclusive. We have a big budget this summer.

I want Rice because he's the best of his type after Rodri and the perfect profile, in terms of his age and character.
Yep. Right wing/forward depends on outgoings, sure we will have a list of targets but can’t move on those until we get definition on Bernie and Mahrez.

Insane transfer market when the going rate for a good player (not world class) is +£100m.
It was insane when the first £100,000 player was bought.
It cant go on like this,was the cry, when the first £1,000000 was bought.
Then it went on ,5,10,15,20,25......80 million.
Now we are at 100 million it's stupid but it is was it is.
And in 5 years it will be 200 million for a good player.
Market forces dictate the price and until rules are brought in to cap it, its not stopping.
Pay up or slide down the table.

Rice is not world class. Over 100M+ for just above average player is crazy. So how much are we going to start paying for World class players? 500M? and how about generational talents? 1Billion+? If the going rate for RICE is above 100M

He's around Jack's level, maybe a bit higher. I've got no problem with the club spending whatever they want on him.

Is he doing it when Romano goes to bed?
Would he not get pissed off with him constantly ripping off his tweets within minutes

Just seems to be imposing a timed embargo, so it doesn't get lifted throughout the course of the day and watered down.

He knows at 10pm that the papers can only react by lifting it and most people have gone to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.