Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worth it. If Arsenal sign him for that price it will be heralded in the media and all we’ll hear about is how they’ve got one over on city. How he’s chosen history over money blah blah blah. If we sign him for that price it will be disgusting. Ruining football farmers league blah blah blah.

Why do you care though?

West Ham won’t accept drip feeding payments for their biggest asset. We could still get him but I’d use Phillips in the deal with a smaller fee

People need to forget price.

It's marginal gains for a team as great as City's.

There are very few players who might be available or who might want to join us, who can improve us.

Rice improves us and keeps us ahead of the chasing pack.

It also covers the eventuality when Rodri finishes or even wants to leave.

Gundo(or Bernie) out and Rice in isn't an improvement.

Or

As no-one actually knows the thinking behind bringing him in(positionally/role in team). The only claim regarding him improving us you can say with your chest is he's better than Phillips.

I just dont get the comparisons in this deal, is rice twice the player phillips is, twice the player that stones is, 3 times the player that alexis macallister is, better than the great hope that is jude bellingham. No doubt he is a very good player but the comparisons just do not match up, if rice is 105m then what price foden, and i know there is alot of phillips hate on here and thats fair but if they sell rice for 105m then want phillips of us well hes a 75m player now because they have set the market. Rice is 24 and cost 105m, kovacic is 29 and 25m, kovacic has 4 champs leagues under his belt and success in 2 different leagues, rice will have to win the cl and another trophy from now till hes kovacic age just to match it and i know trophies aint everything in terms of matching players but they are a barometer

Because it is a sensible assumption.

The club walked away from pursuing Harry Kane over a similar amount when our greatest striker needed replaced, and went into the season without anyone there. Waited a year for a defender when Vince left, waited a year for Rodri rather than paying 5-10m more for Jorginho.

Maybe the club do a fuck-it bid. Unlike the examples above, we have 3 players in that position already, and no need to pay silly money.

Stances do change.

If anything, waiting means the market will dictate even more a higher price in the months and seasons to come.

Especially so, as we have now telegraphed we want Rice/midfielder of his type.

Haaland was an opportunity because of his release clause, otherwise we have to find £200m last summer, more than Kane would have cost us.

The overriding sense is Pep wants Rice and coming off the back of last season, we should deliver for him.

All these other names being suggested, unless it's FDJ, the rest are shit l, unproven, or likely to miss home and their momma.

Not worth it. If Arsenal sign him for that price it will be heralded in the media and all we’ll hear about is how they’ve got one over on city. How he’s chosen history over money blah blah blah. If we sign him for that price it will be disgusting. Ruining football farmers league blah blah blah.

Grealish isn't worth £100m.

The market dictates and we can either shit or get off the pot and allow other teams to catch up.

We have our foot on the neck of football, this is absolutely the time we should keep it there and destroy optimism elsewhere.

I saw a piece yesterday which said when United won the Treble in 99, they went out and bought Silvestre, Taibi and some other no mark for a combined for £10m.

Arsenal said thanks for very much.

People need to forget price.

It's marginal gains for a team as great as City's.

There are very few players who might be available or who might want to join us, who can improve us.

Rice improves us and keeps us ahead of the chasing pack.

It also covers the eventuality when Rodri finishes or even wants to leave.
It’s a lot of money for someone who arguably wouldn’t even be in our best starting XI.

I think a few are being caught up in now having to beat Arsenal to his signature. I wouldn’t be heartbroken if we lost out on this one.

We have a glaring weakness at RW/RF (even more so if Bernie goes) and would prefer serious money be spent there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.