Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight - we knew West Ham’s terms of £100m, bid way below that so West Ham reiterate the same terms they have for weeks so we pull out?

Regardless of whether we (fans) see the fee as ridiculous, City knew the fee and have wasted their own time knowing they wouldn’t go near it. A bit naive and arrogant really.

Personally couldn’t give a fuck about the fee - we’ve got a sales and trophy-winnings war chest to use and had the potential to get a player who would fit at least 3 positions in the squad. Shame. Arsenal getting a brilliant, versatile player that will improve them.

Be interesting to see who our plan C/D is.
It’s actually a good negotiating tactic if other clubs see us walk away from deals and not be taken for mugs. It’s why them lot across the road are being quoted 65m for Mount, Chelsea know they’ll fold.

Leipzig will be watching this knowing not to take the piss.

I think City have done the correct thing. 2 100m plus players in a team would just give the media more ammunition and attention which City don’t like to attract. Let’s test the waters with Bruno at Newcastle, who for me is a better layer than rice.

Love an egg me!

So Arsenal will have a larger transfer record buy than us

Buying the league, shameless

Listen in the end it wouldn’t have mattered as arsenal are willing to pay 105m. But a bit like cucurella and Kane I’m not sure what city we’re anticipating- the price was always 100m if u weren’t willing to pay that why come to the table at all?
The problem isn't really losing out on Rice, it is that there is probably no option C which leaves us a bit light centrally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.