Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
City look a bit silly here imo

Nonsense. All the club did was ask how much West Ham wanted and then offer what they were willing to pay.

As I said we didn’t even bother talking to Rice until yesterday.

If we genuinely were desperate for him we’d have laid the groundwork months back.

Our middle as it stands has Rodri, stones, Phillips, Bernardo, kdb, kovacic and Foden. Hardly stuck.

The thing that would have made them look silly was to get dragged into an auction for a player who isn’t a game changer.

I wouldn’t anticipate the arrival of another midfielder now.

Kovacic has replaced Gundo (all be it Kova will play deeper much of the time allowing Foden to play centrally as a like for like replacement for Gundo).

Phillips will also be much better next season.
Phillips is garbage. Pep realised this long ago. Next season we need to be in a position where Rodders isn't running on fumes.

Arsenal have made a bid worth 105m. Our Titter will be expected to win the league now...he's spent well over half a billion quid...

Last edited:
So let me get this straight - we knew West Ham’s terms of £100m, bid way below that so West Ham reiterate the same terms they have for weeks so we pull out?

Regardless of whether we (fans) see the fee as ridiculous, City knew the fee and have wasted their own time knowing they wouldn’t go near it. A bit naive and arrogant really.

Personally couldn’t give a fuck about the fee - we’ve got a sales and trophy-winnings war chest to use and had the potential to get a player who would fit at least 3 positions in the squad. Shame. Arsenal getting a brilliant, versatile player that will improve them.

Be interesting to see who our plan C/D is.

No idea why we wasted our time here. Yet again, the selling club had a price in mind, we didn't want to meet it and have bid under it, knowing we had competition for the player and that it would be rejected.

Pretty pointless endeavour.
Its not though is it. If the club blindly pay whatever a club is asking (and inflating) we will always be paying way above market rate. The club have to retain the strength to walk away.

I think City have done the correct thing. 2 100m plus players in a team would just give the media more ammunition and attention which City don’t like to attract. Let’s test the waters with Bruno at Newcastle, who for me is a better layer than rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.