Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never saw Rice as being an 8 in our team. I don't think he's technically good enough.

I do think he would have been great playing alongside Rodri in the position Stones was playing last season. I'd have loved to have seen this tbh.

If we're wanting an 8 you could argue that Maddison is actually the better player in that role.

Wonder how pep must feel right now. Lost out on top target bellingham to madrid, strongly wanted gundo to stay which would've negated the need for rice and not prompted us to come into the bidding race but got overriden by the board. And now lost out on rice which was his bellingham alternative to Arsenal.

Walk away??! Why bid over 100 mil for rice! We have won the treble and will not have the same pressure next season.
We can get other midfielder without spending this kind of money .
I would rather we invest in wingers, fullbacks and a midfielder rathan than one overpriced midfielder!
Great decision. Walking away. Definitely overpriced. Harry Maguire all over again

Can’t help but feel a little disappointed but have absolute faith we’ll get our business done properly elsewhere - we always do, and this is yet another example of where we’ve walked away from a transfer where we’re not prepared to match what other Premiership clubs are willing to pay - which goes against the constant narrative that we’ve got unlimited resources and blow everyone else out of the water.

I said on here a few days ago "If we get Declan Rice so be it, If not we move on".

We've been incredible in the transfer market over the last 10 years plus but especially since Pep has arrived.

We have a valuation on a player and that's it, We won't be taken for mugs. £105 million for Declan Rice, Ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.