Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Philips has shit mentality, so I hope he go
Can you explain how you think he has a shit mentality? Just curious to know what makes you think this...

Last interview I seen of Phillips he wanted to stay at City and fight for a place in the team and didn't want to go after 12 months. He could easily find a club and play week in week out but instead he's willing to give it a shot at City and work for it. He's come a long way with Leeds and worked hard eventually ending up with a love to the Champions Of England and he's not willing to throw all that away.

Not a shit mentality on my book.

The Arsenal bid shows that they still must have encouragement from Rice’s side.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we go back with something like £95 million (paid much quicker than Arsenal) and £5 million add on’s (which are achievable).

I think it is unlikely we make one bid and then go away.

As to whether he is worth it is debatable, but the price always gets decided on if he does well and we win trophies.

I can’t imagine the line for success or flop is a different level if he cost 90 or 100 million.

I think Grealish is a good example of a success we overpaid for.
We're out of the race mate.

What's to like? We've missed out on a player we wanted, what difference does it make how much arsenal have spent on him? Unless you think we bid ~90m for a player we weren't actually interested in? If we knew West Ham's resolve and set price we should never have got involved.
We will never know. Our transfer methodology hasn’t let us down much so far, has it?

Wonder how pep must feel right now. Lost out on top target bellingham to madrid, strongly wanted gundo to stay which would've negated the need for rice and not prompted us to come into the bidding race but got overriden by the board. And now lost out on rice which was his bellingham alternative to Arsenal.

At 52 and a life spent at the very top of the football pyramid, I suspect he'll be teeing off in the sunshine on some fabulous golf course without a care in the world.

Apparently, there is a chance he stays though.
The poor bastard is going retire here and move to Didsbury when he retires while spending every summer telling everyone he's had enough of England and is going to move to Spain any day now while never going through with it, I know the type.

I agree about Rodri, but Rice is English and 3 years younger. That explains a lot. Plus, Pep can make him a lot better than he is now.

If you want first-team football every week like Rice is looking for then you do not move to City with Rodri in the squad, Yes Pep can make you a better player but we are talking about how much time is Pep going to stay at City with already 7 seasons in the bank,

Rodri does need a backup in the squad and I think City sort of did that with Phillips, So will City change it again if we sign Rice, The Price City will have to pay for Rice is Questionable when it could go on other players in the fullbacks roles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.