Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really have to rely on Pep Guardiola to do magic to work on squad he have regardless whether our transfer target is achieve or not.

This kind of dependence on him is concerning tbh, what if Pep is leaving and his next successor didn't have the same capability like he have to able to work with any cards on his hand?

It's not looking good the life after Pep Guardiola in City. One of the reason why we always work and still compete each season regardless the player we have is because him.
Shit mate, has the transfer window closed.
Just enjoy the ride

that's a fair point-but the club have always insisted on a valuation for a player and, as far as we know, stick to it.

Yeah and I'm mostly fine with that - it's just they sometimes seem to ignore the selling clubs valuation and fanny around pointlessly. Like with Cucurella & Kane - City's valuation was probably correct but it didn't make it any more likely that the selling club would change theirs.

The Arsenal bid shows that they still must have encouragement from Rice’s side.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we go back with something like £95 million (paid much quicker than Arsenal) and £5 million add on’s (which are achievable).

I think it is unlikely we make one bid and then go away.

As to whether he is worth it is debatable, but the price always gets decided on if he does well and we win trophies.

I can’t imagine the line for success or flop is a different level if he cost 90 or 100 million.

I think Grealish is a good example of a success we overpaid for.

Isn’t Macatee staying with us? Gvadiol will need plenty of game time. So lots of Stones in midfield.

Or we have a list of targets and money we want to spend and like normal we know what we’re doing.

Pulling out if the Cucarella deal which looked a bit of a disaster at the time doesn’t look too bad now does it?
McAtee is good, but he's the new Palmer, fills out but is nowhere near good enough to fill out if we lose Kdb or Foden.

Yeah and I'm mostly fine with that - it's just they sometimes seem to ignore the selling clubs valuation and fanny around pointlessly. Like with Cucurella & Kane - City's valuation was probably correct but it didn't make it any more likely that the selling club would change theirs.
100%- the only silver lining with rice is deal is we have time to assess other options- Kane and cucurella dragged the whole window!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.