Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'problem' with Rice is he is too talented to sit on a bench,i think that was his point.
Everyone in our squad is too talented to sit on the bench and would start for almost every other club, that is how Pep’s squads are, they are shorter than everyone else’s but based on not having a drop in quality. He would want someone that could eventually take over from Rodri not just in the event of an injury

Surely if we're signing Rice it's to play DM. I'm not saying I don't rate him but I can't imagine him being anywhere near capable of doing what either Gundogan or Bernardo do (just as I wouldn't expect Rodri to).

And we wouldn't sign Rice to play DM when we already have Rodri- that's why these links confuse me so much.
I think he could easily play in an 8 for us personally. Box to Box, maybe not control the tempo/game like Gundo/Silva but easily an outlet all over the park like Silva does.

Dont think it'll happen, but ive no worries if it does.

Everyone in our squad is too talented to sit on the bench and would start for almost every other club, that is how Pep’s squads are, they are shorter than everyone else’s but based on not having a drop in quality. He would want someone that could eventually take over from Rodri not just in the event of an injury

Rice would want to play most games,just like Rodri.Unless a forced abscence,he would not be taking over from him at any point IMO.

A Bellingham,with a different skillset would be more suited,and is definitely at an age that he could also be the future.

Im still hoping Lavia impresses pre season.

Rice would want to play most games,just like Rodri.Unless a forced abscence,he would not be taking over from him at any point IMO.

A Bellingham,with a different skillset would be more suited,and is definitely at an age that he could also be the future.

Im still hoping Lavia impresses pre season.
I know you’re a big Lavia fan haha!
It’s what I said in a different thread: if Rice communicates he wants to come, he knows what the situation is. I certainly don’t want a player that you look at and think: not good enough to play most of our matches and comfortable on the bench.
I’d also consider that with Haaland we will change the way we play, even if slightly, and you have to accommodate the set up

Rice is a quality player. Pep will like him as he can play as the 6, 8 and CB too. Just not sure West Ham will be willing to let him go for a reasonable price. He's their best player, has 3 years on his deal and no reason to sell. We'd probably be priced out of the move but we shall see.

We definitely need a new midfielder, someone who can compete with Rodri but can also play the Gundagon role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.