Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason to be concerned is that a rival is considerably improving themselves in a crucial area.

However, I've got faith that Kalvin will be like a new signing next season. Add Kovacic/Perrone into the mix with McAtee, Foden playing more centrally as well as Stones/Rico supporting the midfield, and we weren't in need of Rice.

Even Shea Charles has excellent potential as a holding mid / CB.
these are complete 'ifs' but yeah it could happen

The way we sometimes bid for players that have a pretty fixed valuation from the seller, with no intention of actually meeting that valuation… it’s almost like it’s intentional so that we can walk away and Khaldoon can say “look, we don’t spend more than the others”.

You do have to wonder. Or we do it to give another target or club a push?

I keep hearing Phillips will step next season but I think it’s utter nonsense, if he stays I hope he proves me wrong but Pep played Gundogan, who was overplayed, ahead of him as a 6. He started 4 games (2 cup including our defeat at Southampton and 2 dead rubber league matches including defeat at Brentford).

On the scant evidence so far he simply doesn’t fit for us. Not good enough defensively and not a good enough passer. He’s also one of the very few players Pep has publicly criticised.

If Rodri gets injured I’d say we’ll play Kovacic ahead of him.

The fact that we bid £90m for Rice should tell Phillips how he’s rated by City.
That last sentence nails it. He's dogshit, the club have realised it and want to get rid; and stake everything I own on that being the case.

Glad we have walked away as he’s not worth more than £75 million & that’s down to being English. Good player but he’s not world class.

The fact he selects Arsenal over City tells you everything. Let’s see what he wins over the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.