Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll stick with what I said earlier in the thread. I see nothing in his game that would make him a successful signing for us. He's a good player, will have a decent career but we shouldn't be anywhere near if he decides to leave West ham.
Agree. He would rarely play in a double DM for us. Different skill set for the sole DM role.

Perfect for the rags just like the overrated overpriced McGuire - a very good footballer but lacking that extra bit of class that would see him excel in an elite team like ours.

I wouldn't say that as we don't have an athletic/combative box to box in our squad,so a very good player like Philips,who would offer us those attributes,while allowing our creative players more confidence to flourish,would definitely improve us.

Looking around the worlds leagues,there isnt much out there.Its a reason Fern got that 12 months.
Agree....but Phillips is exactly what you describe.....he's out there but he's certainly "not much".

i dont see point of buying him for 80 mil to sit on the bench
Meh kinda, our squad of 15 still usually play 35-40 games a season. we had 16 player fo over 30 apps last season.

If Pep wants him, he'll fit him in. Not convinced he does though for the price. (Letting Laporte/Ake go use Rice at CB/DM/CM) seems a Pep move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.