Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rice can play DM and CB, so he's perfect for us there's a reason Pep wants him, he's also hardly ever injured. So he could do that CB/DM role and not worry about injuries with him.

Kalvin is injury prone , Stones how much we love him he's going to get a injury he can't do a full season without one.

And theres not many options on the market with attributes that it looks like we are after, in strong, powerful, ball winning and good technical ability. Rice has all that so he's perfect.

Bellingham was the same but he's gone so Rice is the only one left

So I wonder how quickly we will respond to this

If west ham are in dialogue with us I'm guessing we will see a 2nd bid for us today ir is this roo soon after our first bid?

Rice is not world class. Over 100M+ for just above average player is crazy. So how much are we going to start paying for World class players? 500M? and how about generational talents? 1Billion+? If the going rate for RICE is above 100M

Pep and the market are likely to know better, Dialog.

Maybe you should update your valuations.

For starters, City don't offer 90m for players who are (just above) average. Common sense.

Last edited:
Kovacic is also a brilliant signing.

Pep knows what he wants with him and that is good enough for me.

Rice is improving us considerably if he can also cover Rodri without much difference.

Well, I'd be inclined to say your last statement is a highly unlikely scenario — were it not for the fact that almost nobody saw Rodri becoming RODRI when he first arrived, and in fact right through his first season.

I'm not excited about Rice, at all, honestly, but if Pep genuinely wants him give Pep what he wants. He's not often wrong, is he? And he improves almost every player we get.

Frankly, I'm a bit puzzled as to how we've managed to get Kovacic at that price, when I look at the crazy prices going round (Tottenham still want £100 million for Sir Harry of Kane?!). It seems to me we may well have played a blinder on it. Had a good look on Chelsea Shed End — where by definition people have seen much, much more of him actually playing than we have — and the thread related to him. Most felt he'd had an undeniably bad season, while tempering that with the equally undeniable fact that the whole team had a bad season, and almost no-one came out of it well. The consensus is that he's a skilful player, so long as you don't expect him to score goals, and that we've got ourselves a bargain.

I'm much more excited about Gvardiol than Rice. If we get that over the line, what with the recruitment of Kovacic, and if nobody else too much leaves — a big if — I think we've had a very good close season. Rice or no Rice.

Bigger picture to think about here. We have a reputation of walking away from greedy chairmen and Dutch auctions. Move on.

Fair to say I’ve not had a good sleep today. Bed by 3 up at 7. Bloody hell. Come on city..

Rice is not world class. Over 100M+ for just above average player is crazy. So how much are we going to start paying for World class players? 500M? and how about generational talents? 1Billion+? If the going rate for RICE is above 100M
The crazy thing is there is little to no market for the best in the world, because there’s likely only a handful of clubs that can afford these players.

Put Rodri (infinitely better than Rice) on the market tomorrow and it’s unlikely we would get much more for him than Rice will go for. Haaland…£200m? Who has the money to pay more?

The market for average/better than average players is fucking mental and has little to no value.

Fucking hell you're doing some mental gymnastics to save her face, she actually said 19 goals in 40 games, which is basically a goal every game, how the fuck you've come to the producer said something, or the male presenter didn't do something, as for doing tons of research, she made a fool of herself, grabbed a stat and blurted it out in the hope she sounded knowledgeable
:) Honestly, I just think it's a bit daft that people jump on someone, and call them thick as shit etc., when they get something mixed up on live tv. Particularly as lots of the abuse is sexist shit, when it's not like our screens are full of hugely intellectual male footballers.

I've seen plenty of interviews with her, and there's no way she's that stupid - but I'm willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt when she's trying to talk maths live in front of millions of people.

Changed my mind on this. I rate rice and think he'd be a marvelous coup but the money is no longer sensible. I hope one of FDJ or Barella are available

One of the posts on here from yesterday (which is probably 100 pages back now) said that West Ham had 2 verbal offers of >£100m. Arsenal have formalised theirs, I’m assuming we’re the other one, and will do so today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.