Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree in part, but it has been accepted no? I think the deal is all but done, pending medical etc. We move on and bid £100m for Kimmich.. or less than that, Barella. Either way, we can watch on with interest, speculate on here etc, all the while knowing that we have the best people on the job.

I agree with you. I just work on the basis that no deal is done at any club until we see the club announce the signing.

Eh?

Bellingham was a main target and Rice was the alternative. We didnt put a bid in just because Arsenal did. Anyone thinking we did so to increase the amount Arsenal had to pay is either a moron or a teenager on twitter.

I meant Gvardiol will likely be the only other signing.

Thought it was self explanatory.
Whatever you want to think, we did as we always do and bid our valuation... Arsenal topped it and we didn't pull a Man United and throw more money in. Rice was never even mentioned until it looked clear Arsenal were going for him... We likely knew they'd bid again and the result was they paid over the odds. Thought that was self explanatory.

Last edited:
Rice is a great signing for Arsenal, good luck to them…..I just see Foden & Kovacic causing havoc through the middle, the Viking will be feasting all Season.

City are a serious business and run efficiently. They do not go around making spurious bids to bump up the price.

Our bid was higher in upfront fee, more achievable add ons and with a payment schedule more to WH liking.

Arsenal could have easily walked away and then what? Leaving us to pay £90m for a player we only bid on for kicks and giggles?

Sometimes things are just what they seem. We wanted Rice. We valued him at £90m. The end.
Amazing how many people can’t seem to grasp this succinct and accurate analysis
We liked him, but not at any price. We bid our maximum valuation of him then walked away, as we have done multiple times
No more to it than that

Pathetic some of the posts ...

Good job they weren't around when we were signing players like Lee Bradbury....
We could be signing the AI-reconstituted mind of Ray Bradbury for our media team and people would flap about us missing out on Orwell’s neural network to Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.