Dedryck Boyata - The next Vinny Kompany

WNRH said:
johnmc said:
Sorry but I seriously doubt this

I do, he cost Chelsea £20m? Mancini wanted Luiz, but the board (Marwood and Cook) were hesitant on the deal and Chelsea came in and got him. Everyone at the club rates Boyata highly, Mancini included but i think BM especially thought was there any need in buying Luiz for £20m when we already had a 22 year old classy centre back in Jerome Boateng who cost £17m, and Boyata at 19 who by the time he gets to 22/23 will be a better player than Luiz at his age and £20m cheaper.

No disrespect to Ben Mee but if Boyata was Ben Mee then we would all be wearing silly wigs at the ground IMO.

I think this is the key to it. IMHO, I can't see where Jerome fits into the plan. I know he's had injuries but I don't see him being any better, or as good as, players we already have. Without having already committed 17m to buying Jerome we might well have gone in for Luiz. At present, when fit, Jerome would be way down the pecking order for a place at either FB or CH.

While Boyata was lucky not to be sent off against Chelsea he was also outstanding that day. Didier didn't get shit out of him.

Project said:
While Boyata was lucky not to be sent off against Chelsea he was also outstanding that day. Didier didn't get shit out of him.

He played very well that day but again was at right back so not directly up against DD.

How has boateng made it in the starting line up over him on numerous occasions?

Didsbury Dave said:
Forgive me if I missed it, but amongst all the excitement about Sunday's game I haven't seen much mention of Boyata's performacne. I thought he was outstanding. Every time I see this lad I see more and more ability. He's quick - and I like my centre halves quick. He's strong and good in the air. But what surprised me seeing him at fullback was that he is good on the ball too. He got forward well and his distribution was good.

I think this lad's got it all. He reminds me a lot of Micah when he was breaking into our team. If the Arsenal cockup set him back, then he looks well on his way again now.

I think he's going all the way to the top and I believe he'll be first choice centre half very soon, possibly next season. Great to see another Academy product breaking through even with our quality squad.
I said the other day he should man mark Hernandez in the semi final,I think he'd be well up to the job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.