Defeat I can accept but a lack of effort not.

about time yaya was dropped

started to become lazy and disinterested, looks like he's pissed at his brother kolo being shipped out

get barry back, someone who actually works for the time

FogBlueInSanFran said:
The bigger picture issue, brought up by others, is that we couldn't seem to unlock a team that put ten behind the ball.

This was a constant problem last season -- our failure being attributed to our lack of width among other things -- but I don't understand why we would play a possession-oriented, dink-around-the-box kind of football in these circumstances.

Knowing exactly what the stadium would be like, the momentum Cardiff would get from their fans from the get-go, the priority perhaps should have been killing off the crowd early by attacking immediately.

Why wouldn't we run out Negredo instead of Aguero -- a guy who loves to shoot anytime, anywhere, and loves to get in the box? Then fire balls into the box like artillery shells? We aren't talking a world-class keeper here. We could get a deflection, or win corners. Firing in from outside the box makes the defense unpack to come to you to defend against the shot, in theory.

It wasn't much of a surprise that our first came on a 25-yard strike. We all laugh how supporters scream "SHOOT!!!" anytime anyone has possession uncontested from 30 yards or less out in front of goal but to me this is what I'd like to see against squads who fill the penalty area. Cardiff certainly executed well, and I realize tactics like this may open us up and perhaps we wanted to protect our second string CBs. But, again, if we can't figure out how to unlock this simple park-the-bus defence, every side poorer on paper than Swans is going to employ it.

But we did unlock it.....this should have then led to a 2 or 3 nil win.....

Instead it led to the worst 30 minutes of defending for years.

Hart, zab, clichy all guilty as charged.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
FogBlueInSanFran said:
The bigger picture issue, brought up by others, is that we couldn't seem to unlock a team that put ten behind the ball.

This was a constant problem last season -- our failure being attributed to our lack of width among other things -- but I don't understand why we would play a possession-oriented, dink-around-the-box kind of football in these circumstances.

Knowing exactly what the stadium would be like, the momentum Cardiff would get from their fans from the get-go, the priority perhaps should have been killing off the crowd early by attacking immediately.

Why wouldn't we run out Negredo instead of Aguero -- a guy who loves to shoot anytime, anywhere, and loves to get in the box? Then fire balls into the box like artillery shells? We aren't talking a world-class keeper here. We could get a deflection, or win corners. Firing in from outside the box makes the defense unpack to come to you to defend against the shot, in theory.

It wasn't much of a surprise that our first came on a 25-yard strike. We all laugh how supporters scream "SHOOT!!!" anytime anyone has possession uncontested from 30 yards or less out in front of goal but to me this is what I'd like to see against squads who fill the penalty area. Cardiff certainly executed well, and I realize tactics like this may open us up and perhaps we wanted to protect our second string CBs. But, again, if we can't figure out how to unlock this simple park-the-bus defence, every side poorer on paper than Swans is going to employ it.

But we did unlock it.....this should have then led to a 2 or 3 nil win.....

Instead it led to the worst 30 minutes of defending for years.

Hart, zab, clichy all guilty as charged.

I'm not defending the defending, believe me. We unlocked it in the 52nd minute. I'm talking about unlocking it in tenth or twentieth minute. Sting the crowd early. Don't allow Cardiff to grow in confidence. Don't rely on a war of attrition where they tire. Overwhelm them. Be impatient to score. I know we lost because of the defending, but I'm questioning the attack tactics because I can at least believe with Komps and Nastasic returning we will be much better at the back. We ran our top class attack out and were stifled for far too long, in my view.

Anyway, it's one match, it's early, Cardiff played well, it was an exceedingly meaningful match for them . . . I'm not panicking or even that surprised we struggled there (would have expected at least a draw, though). Just don't want to see park-the-bus be successful so often against us again this year, like last, is all.

But we've been told time again again by various players this season will be different.(via Twitter, on the OS, etc)

We've learnt our lesson from last season many of them have cried. However, it seems that many of them haven't learnt that lesson. They are still going through the motions on the pitch. The same performances, mistakes, and excuses are evident again after Cardiff.

What makes it even harder for us this season is the 5 new players we've signed. They won't have suffered last season, so they won't have felt that pain of losing the title to United. A defeat to them is a defeat. No pain from last season. No memories of the title slipping away. Etc.

As for United. It's great that they haven't signed any new players yet, but that means they've still got the same team/squad that won the title last season, which basically means they *all* know what it takes to win the title once again, even if it's under Moyes.

Stoke away is the next acid test.

Ducado said:
I find that some of the reaction has been ever so slightly hysterical
Well lets face it that was rubbish yesterday. Joe Hart was shocking yet again and so was Garcia and Zabaleta. I think Joe Hart needs to be dropped.

all this over reaction talk just because we couldn't defend two corners. its football it happens. would rather learn now whilst the season is still young to get everything sorted. teams around us will drop points when they least expect it. calm down,have a vodka and coke & kick back.

All too premature this flapping, but have to admit, yesterdays disappointment hurt especially hard.
The promise of:-
A new tactically astute manager.
A happy squad.
80 - 90 Million pound improvements to the already supposedly best squad in the country.
Players brought in early.

AND YET

Our old nemeses returned - Park Ji Bus and Tipi Calcity.

Ducado said:
I find that some of the reaction has been ever so slightly hysterical

not 'alf, I must have been watching a different game, 'cos all I saw was us getting done on a couple of set pieces and bossing the rest of the 90 odd minutes, even scoring two goals away from home.

Seen much, much worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.