Defeat I can accept but a lack of effort not.

Tactics are the problem imo
we have far too much possession.
the opposition have no choice but to sit deep and defend as they have no opportunity to get forward.

Instead of keeping possession at all costs we should be taking more risks by putting balls into the box, be that over the top or from the wings. Giving the opposition more possession let's them push up, leaving space between the lines for Silva and space in behind for navas and aguero.

This really is a case of there being too much of a good thing.

BillyShears said:
Manc in London said:
Yesterdays result had nothing to do with lack of effort. Application was the issue.

I also think it's really easy for it to seem like there's a lack of effort when teams play as deeply as Cardiff did. There's simply fuck all space to run into, therefore not as much dynamic running as supporters like to see.
The build up is far to slow. To many sideways and backward passes in midfield, that allows the opposition to get bacck in numbers and defend.

moz said:
pellers will not be long term if he cannot limit performances like yesterdays to 2 or 3 a season

the owners have set targets and if he does not hit them he will be gone just like mancini

im afraid thats the name of the game now.......... success or bust
Pellegrini has not improved us one bit , infact the tactics & attitude of the players is a lot worse, honeymoon is over, if ever there was one.

ballinio said:
moz said:
pellers will not be long term if he cannot limit performances like yesterdays to 2 or 3 a season

the owners have set targets and if he does not hit them he will be gone just like mancini

im afraid thats the name of the game now.......... success or bust
Pellegrini has not improved us one bit , infact the tactics & attitude of the players is a lot worse, honeymoon is over, if ever there was one.

Jeez

Mrmcfc said:
the opposition have no choice but to sit deep and defend as they have no opportunity to get forward.

Instead of keeping possession at all costs we should be taking more risks by putting balls into the box, be that over the top or from the wings. Giving the opposition more possession let's them push up, leaving space between the lines for Silva and space in behind for navas and aguero.

Mrmcfc, this is an interesting theory & one that i think is correct, we need to find a way of drawing teams out so we can counter attack with the excellant players we have. we need to take chances whereas the opposition think they have a fair chance & attack us. you are right too much possesion is causing us problems. i expect the manager to see this & put it right.

Get hold of Cardiff and tell them we want to buy Bellamy's enthusiasm or just buy him so he can give our team the kick up the arse/ golf club round heads it needs.

Apart from Zab, Vinnie and Milner the team do not appear hungry for success and show none of the fight that the Wigans and Cardiffs rely on for any success they might have.

Still miss Bellamy!

ballinio said:
Mrmcfc said:

Mrmcfc, this is an interesting theory & one that i think is correct, we need to find a way of drawing teams out so we can counter attack with the excellant players we have. we need to take chances whereas the opposition think they have a fair chance & attack us. you are right too much possesion is causing us problems. i expect the manager to see this & put it right.

Pellegrini's approach is based on controlling the ball. He won't bring in tactics designed to give the ball to our opponents; nor should he: no such thing as too much possession as far as I am concerned. We don't need less possession but we need to do more with the possession that we have.

I do agree that we should take more risks in the final third but not to give the ball away and if we lose it, we should press hard to recover it quickly.

I remember the days when people said "only being interested in winning trophies is what makes united fans the scum they are". We used to discuss how the important thing was to support the club and accept what failures may come along the way. Now everyone is saying that it's disgusting that we might not win the league for a second year running.

Curious.

OB1 said:
ballinio said:
Mrmcfc said:

Pellegrini's approach is based on controlling the ball. He won't bring in tactics designed to give the ball to our opponents; nor should he: no such thing as too much possession as far as I am concerned. We don't need less possession but we need to do more with the possession that we have.

I do agree that we should take more risks in the final third but not to give the ball away and if we lose it, we should press hard to recover it quickly.
i`ve seen utd slaughter teams with only 5% more possesion, i dont think i`ve ever seen a team have as much as us in a lot of games but we dont draw teams on to us , theyre happy to park the bus. Watch utd & you think " this team has got a chance against them" then wham theyre 2 down, its tactics we dont do it well. I think we half agree .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.