defence scenario..........

Lomas has a lob on said:
if it were up 2 me and the terry signing failed i'd personnally put a bid in 4 woodgate, he's 29, he'sa northern lad and it seems like his injuries are past him and is an awesome centre half! we could sell spurs dunney as part of the deal, plus i'd love to see what twitcher would do if we put in a good offer, the guy cant resist doin a bit of business so i reckon it would be do-able!

Kind of agree re Woodgate except the Twitcher would want £50 mill for him. Toure praps.

I'd say Bruno Alves. He is a tall, strong, commanding centre-half with the right no non-sense attitude, leadership qualities and experience at the back. Similar to Terry, which looks unlikely. We can get him for 20m.

Is Lescott seen as a LB or CB for us?

Toure perhaps .... not seen him much tho strikes me he's lost a bit.

Hangelaand - again not seen much of him, tho apparently was excellent last season.

van Buyten - was great on loan under KK maybe over the hill now?

Puyol - could he do a job for two years?

The prime driver for Les going after Terry is his leadership qualities, so I think that will still be at the forefront of his thoughts even if JT falls through.

Carvalho or Upson would improve what we have IMO. Toure or Hangerland maybe options but Toure has not bee the same after getting Malaria and Hangerland could still turn out to be a one season wonder....

Also would Arsenal really want to be that badly reamed selling to players to us in close season - would look very bad to their fans.

I also would rather see Dunne/Onuoha/Kompany than that we sign another centreback who really doesn't improve us that much ie. Upson, Hangeland etc. We need world class CB or none at all.

Bluefinn said:
I also would rather see Dunne/Onuoha/Kompany than that we sign another centreback who really doesn't improve us that much ie. Upson, Hangeland etc. We need world class CB or none at all.

Upson is better than Dunne and Ned. Kompany sees himself as a midfielder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.