defence scenario..........

mcfc1996 said:
Bluefinn said:
I also would rather see Dunne/Onuoha/Kompany than that we sign another centreback who really doesn't improve us that much ie. Upson, Hangeland etc. We need world class CB or none at all.

Upson is better than Dunne and Ned. Kompany sees himself as a midfielder.

Ya maybe better but I don't think we should buy marginally better players, just play Onuoha or Dunne. Im almost certain that Kompany will play centrehalf this season. He only played middfielder last season out of necessity.

Bluefinn said:
mcfc1996 said:
Upson is better than Dunne and Ned. Kompany sees himself as a midfielder.

Ya maybe better but I don't think we should buy marginally better players, just play Onuoha or Dunne. Im almost certain that Kompany will play centrehalf this season. He only played middfielder last season out of necessity.

Kompany may play centre half next season if we don't get someone in. Upson is an improvement on what we have and as such would make us better.

I think Woodgate is as good as ANY prem defender.

When fit, he has put in the most impressive, leadership, commanding displays I have ever seen from a centre back....Colin Hendry like in his pomp!

Pabbers said:

When fit, he has put in the most impressive, leadership, commanding displays I have ever seen from a centre back....Colin Hendry like in his pomp!

Are you being ironic?

Bruno Alvez and Luisao is as good as Lescott and Terry, cant understand your utter belief in terry, there are more equal good defenders in europe.
With the two i have mentioned, pepe, puyol, marchena, there you have five other options????

bornblueegg said:
Pabbers said:

Are you being ironic?

No, I think the guy is a real class act.

mcfc1996 said:
Bluefinn said:

Kompany may play centre half next season if we don't get someone in. Upson is an improvement on what we have and as such would make us better.
komps may well have to play centre half as cant see him getting in midfield in front of SI GB maybe in front of NDJ
heis a centre half by trade was only used in midfield by hamburg and then ourselves because of lack of cover

Think Terry is an exception. I can see him signing Lescott and then nobody else if the Terry deal falls through. What player out there who is attainable is going to offer much more than Ned and Kompany?

Bruno Alvez and Luisao is as good as Lescott and Terry, cant understand your utter belief in terry, there are more equal good defenders in europe.
With the two i have mentioned, pepe, puyol, marchena, there you have five other options????

I can assure you nobody in football believes Luisao is better than Terry. One of the clumsiest defenders i've ever seen.

It's obvious that money is no object in our quest for silverware, and after all these years 43 in my case, who the fook cares, I will still have a jug full before and after the match no matter who is pulling on the quality new shirts which I bought my daughter this afternoon.
So, seeing as we can afford anybody why not a pairing of Vidic and Terry. Old red nose will love that, not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.