defence scenario..........

Zapata?

I read about him before, he's like a Colombian Mica Richards, big, strong, quick. Doubt he speaks the lingo which will rule him out as a leader (will be a Spanish speaker, tho? We have a few of those), but they're talking in terms of the guy as a JT replacement if he comes to City, and he was linked with Arsenal too.

if it's not Terry or Lescott it wouldn't surprise me if it was a guy that doesn't really have a big name but is a well-respected player, kind of in the mold of Kompany who not too many people knew of before that transfer.

Roma are in need of cash and out of the Champions League next season so Mexes is possible but I've not seen him enough to know if he's the commanding, mature player we'd need.

Not sure on his English either.

Wouldn't mind De Rossi either.

i think people are missing the point a bit in regards to what we need at the back.

terry would be outstanding for leadership value alone - not withstanding that he is a great defender,. who would bring on some of the younger lads like Neds, Micah even VK but for me i would prefer Lescott. I also think Terry is and was always going to be a long shot and he will end up staying with Chelsea on 50k more than he is currently on.

The reason being is that he is naturally left footed, and at present all our CBS are right footed - Lescott would give us that natural stability at the back to cover comfortably on that side of the defence.

Some of the names mentioned are great Upson, Toure etal but surely we all want to see VK, Neds and Micah given a decent run also, and i have to ask really are Upson and Toure that much better than we have already.

If we are going to sign centre backs - i would like to see us sign two left footed natural centre backs - one established like Lescott and the other an up and comer like Sakho - we would be a much more balanced side with those in - with VK, Neds or even Micah on the right side of the partnership

Just my thoughts like

id go for carvalho and toure

if we do get terry and dunne stays am i the only one who thinks this would be one of the most solid pairings in the league?

can kompany play on the right??
given
kompany.....terry........dunne..........lescott
...........................de jong...........................
....................ireland.......barry.................
..............tevez.......................robinho.....
..........................adebayor.................

maybe not???

terry_phealens_mum said:
id go for carvalho and toure

if we do get terry and dunne stays am i the only one who thinks this would be one of the most solid pairings in the league?

can kompany play on the right??
given
kompany.....terry........dunne..........lescott
...........................de jong...........................
....................ireland.......barry.................
..............tevez.......................robinho.....
..........................adebayor.................

maybe not???
Its certainly a novel idea. Your defensive formation is very strong centrally and good in the air but lacking pace on the flanks. I would pick Ned in place of Komps at right back, who is arguably better than Dunne at centre back.

Lomas has a lob on said:
if it were up 2 me and the terry signing failed i'd personnally put a bid in 4 woodgate, he's 29, he'sa northern lad and it seems like his injuries are past him and is an awesome centre half! we could sell spurs dunney as part of the deal, plus i'd love to see what twitcher would do if we put in a good offer, the guy cant resist doin a bit of business so i reckon it would be do-able!

Not the worst suggestion if he sail through the medical!

i think sakho is a great shout for a naturally left footed defender he looks really dominant for a youngster but dont think its what hughes is looking for this season i think he wants proven 25-29 yr old quality

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.