Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Wan Bissaka is a beast defensively, fantastic one on one
Fair enough, I admittedly don't know much about him other than what some commenters say. But Walker's main quality is his defensive side (he is subpar going forward), and his ability to stop counter attacks. If we do get Bissaka, then I think Danilo probably has to go also, which if that is the case, fine, I just don't see it as important to buy in the next 1-2 years, maybe in like 3 years we'll need that cover when they are over 30.

I’m not sure what Pep is looking into as a cover for Ferna. But I think the Jorginho saga is over. It sounds a bit silly to say he is too old as 27, but we have Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus, Sané, Stones, Mendy, Laporte, Zinchenko, Ederson(?), Foden - all under the age of 24.

We should look into someone between 22-24 and only buy a player past 26-27 if he’s an outstanding talent. Having a team this young on basically every position is just dream for the future.

Would it be more prudent to get a slightly older DM who has more experience to cover Fernandinho? Someone like Javi Martinez, if his injury record has improved.

Would save pennies and allow us to spend on a LB/Sergio replacement? (Obviously don't want Sergio out any time soon, but the 3 year rolling FFP period means that we can't go bonkers all the time. Didn't spend anything last summer. Not much this and then boom?)

been watching ndombele and he is world class already, cant even imagine how good he would be with pep. kinda scary really, he will definitely be moved to a top team this summer

We need to get ndombele this summer! Fits the age bracket as well for the long term investment and can only get better under pep.

Would it be more prudent to get a slightly older DM who has more experience to cover Fernandinho? Someone like Javi Martinez, if his injury record has improved.

Would save pennies and allow us to spend on a LB/Sergio replacement? (Obviously don't want Sergio out any time soon, but the 3 year rolling FFP period means that we can't go bonkers all the time. Didn't spend anything last summer. Not much this and then boom?)

I was thinking more like Busquets seeing as Barca just got De Jong. He's ready made. I don't know how difficult that would be but he did say Pep would be the only manager he'd play for again at a different club. I would also like Rice in addition, but I doubt he could slot right in and will need time to adjust and learn. Rice could play in the cup games and maybe be the 4th CB if we don't renew Vinny's contract. When he's ready and Dinho leaves he could slot in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.