Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

We have the ability to built the side around Ndombele for the next 10 seasons.

Must sign

I have to say I really don't get it, he's not even half the player Fernandinho is. For me he seems like he's always a little out of control and always at full stretch.

I have to say I really don't get it, he's not even half the player Fernandinho is. For me he seems like he's always a little out of control and always at full stretch.
+1. Watched several Lyon games this season and think he's a pretty brainless player with flashy highlights. Another Kovacic.

Could be coached into a better midfielder, but not worth the quoted price. We reportedly bid £50m last summer and have moved on.

+1. Watched several Lyon games this season and think he's a pretty brainless player with flashy highlights. Another Kovacic.

Could be coached into a better midfielder, but not worth the quoted price. We reportedly bid £50m last summer and have moved on.
This and the fact everyone refuses to hear, he doesn't want to play cdm. He actually said it to the press, not his mates, the press which means he doesn't want to play there ffs!!!

Gonna be tough to find a player near Fernandinho. He is the best in the world at what he does.

As for Ndombele:

- Quick
- Agile
- Strong
- Good touch and can pick a pass
- Inteceptor and defensive workhorse
- Young
- Proven at CL level

He's got a hell of a lot going for him I'd say.

Would it be more prudent to get a slightly older DM who has more experience to cover Fernandinho? Someone like Javi Martinez, if his injury record has improved.

Would save pennies and allow us to spend on a LB/Sergio replacement? (Obviously don't want Sergio out any time soon, but the 3 year rolling FFP period means that we can't go bonkers all the time. Didn't spend anything last summer. Not much this and then boom?)
Nah! Already have Dave, Dihno, Gundo, and Debryune in the late 20s and early 30s. Who ever we get should be a part of the Next Gen. As in as young or younger than Stones, Laporte, Sterling, Sane, Bernado and Mendy. Thsts the next core post the Debryune/Gundo/Walker transition.

Nah! Already have Dave, Dihno, Gundo, and Debryune in the late 20s and early 30s. Who ever we get should be a part of the Next Gen. As in as young or younger than Stones, Laporte, Sterling, Sane, Bernado and Mendy. Thsts the next core post the Debryune/Gundo/Walker transition.

Even a 29 year old replacement gives us 4-5 years to pinpoint the younger version we want whilst being able to invest more heavily in a left back/saving up for Sergio’s replacement.

In that time, one of our youth players may have come through too. Smith is looking decent in Holland for instance.

Even a 29 year old replacement gives us 4-5 years to pinpoint the younger version we want whilst being able to invest more heavily in a left back/saving up for Sergio’s replacement.

In that time, one of our youth players may have come through too. Smith is looking decent in Holland for instance.
Perhaps! However, I feel like the longterm replacement should experience the transition from Dihno as opposed to an intermediary.

I like a few of our young prospects to be fair: Smith, Pala and the French kid. They all show treat potential. I won't be surprised if one of them steps up next season. Gundogan can play intermediary if needed next season. But the replacement should be drafted to the 1$t team.

Leaving even more money for the Aguero replacement :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.