Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

I don't know what game you were watching, but Douglas Luiz got universal praise for that game across Spanish media. Played a big part in Girona's comeback and win.

The game that I watched I'm pretty sure it was Graham Hunter who was ripping him to shreds in the first half saying he was the worst player on the pitch and that he wasn't fit for this Girona team never mind a Pep team. A tad harsh tbf. He did give away the ball a few times and looked average. He did improve in the 2nd half.

Bet you we end up signing aouar from lyon. No direct replacement for dinho. Douglas luiz gets his visa. Slight mod of formation and an abundance of versatile midfielders. Double piv becomes more common feature but not only option... No one of three young guys has too much pressure on them and can divy up minutes depending on the look pep wants for the game. Dinho/Silva start fading out

Bet you we end up signing aouar from lyon. No direct replacement for dinho. Douglas luiz gets his visa. Slight mod of formation and an abundance of versatile midfielders. Double piv becomes more common feature but not only option... No one of three young guys has too much pressure on them and can divy up minutes depending on the look pep wants for the game. Dinho/Silva start fading out

I suspect this is closer to the truth than many predictions. There is another season in Fern and Gundo, with Phil beginning to pick up more appearances, supplemented by KDB, David and Bernardo. Players will be phased in, as I do not see any of the key players being sold, and Douglas Luiz and Claudio Gomes could begin to pick up some appearances. It will then be a case of the next phase: who is going to replace David and Gundo and that's where a player like Aouar could come in.

Good shout and something I have thought about myself. Aouar looks a terrific player and a Pep type of player too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.