Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Goretzka, Milinkovic-Savic are both tall physical beasts with great technique. Diawara is quite powerful as well.

Hope that's the type we go for, it's the only area of the pitch we are really light if Fern gets injured or banned, with the latter more likely.

Would we be going for an aggressive box-to-box DM like Fernandinho, or a playmaker that's a good tackler like Alonso? Always liked Vidal but I don't think we'd get him.

I think David Luiz is a good option and the most realistic. Can’t think of too many other CDMs who can also play CB.

Arthur(21)
Young - check
Brilliant with the ball - check
Midget - check
Dont know if the link with Barca is true.

Dont know if the link with Barca is true.
BARCELONA have reportedly apologised to Brazilian club Gremio after a picture of Arthur in a club shirt appeared.
The 21-year-old is highly fancied to make a move to Europe and Barca are favourites to sign him.

The La Liga giants had sporting director Robert Fernandez out in South America scouting Arthur for the last week.
And a snap of Fernandez with Arthur wearing the famous claret and blue of the Catalan giants was posted online despite a deal not being done for the midfielder.

Barca have already been told they will have to pay £44million for Arthur because of his release clause.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5063171/barcelona-gremio-apology-arthur/

I was going to suggest something left field and suggest a return of Jerome Boetang might be an option, seems Pep had the same idea once...don't think it went too well
351czn6.jpg

Max Meyer.

This kid has been made into a great DM this season. I think he would be perfect for us. He is still only 21 and out if contract next summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.