Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Come on pal, Douglas Luiz has been so poor on loan that he hasn't even gotten into their team and the manager even said he's done really badly and not adapted to the European game. How do you think he's going to slot right in with us?

Was watching videos of him last night. He's what 19/20? He's got obvious talent. Loan spell definitely could've gone better but will leave end judgement to Pep. Just saying, of the mentioned names, none look massive upgrades on gundo playing there. And Douglas Luiz might be seen to have enough to potential to add depth. I think he looks quality... And ya, if we're gonna buy, buy right or dont at all. We have many talented 20-23 aged fringe players out on loan that can fill in until we find players who will definitely raise our level. And who knows, maybe they'll surprise when given the chance.

I mentioned Can because he is a great player, not only because he is free, thats just a benefit

Emre Can did not transfer to Leverkusen before the 13/14 season but after a month long training with Guardiola and a training camp in Italy... - he had a talk with Guardiola prior to his transfer in which Guardiola told him that he will difficulties to get any playing time with him.

Seems he was as keen on the player as Heynckes is/was...

I’ve been peddling this one for a few years, but I don’t theres a defensive midfielder out there more suited to us than Nzonzi. Every time I watch him, he’s an absolute beast and the best player on the pitch. Forget about the teams he’s played for in the past, I think he gets judged from that. Shame he’s 29, I think Pep would be in for him if he was a bit younger.

Shout for Wilfred Indidi? Only 21 and has been very solid for Leicester. He’d be a cheaper option than Weigl, and Pep could form him in that Fernandinho mould very well.

I’ve been peddling this one for a few years, but I don’t theres a defensive midfielder out there more suited to us than Nzonzi. Every time I watch him, he’s an absolute beast and the best player on the pitch. Forget about the teams he’s played for in the past, I think he gets judged from that. Shame he’s 29, I think Pep would be in for him if he was a bit younger.
You read my mind there. There have been talks about Weigl, Jorginho, Fred, Ndombele. Granted I have not seen the latter enough to make my judgment, I'd rather have Nzonzi over the rest. Only downside is age but if he will come on the cheap, it's a no brainer for me as we can get another DM in the following summer.

We need a defensive midfielder who is full of energy, athletic, good on the ball and a greater passer. Emre Can doesn't fit into this category because he doesn't possess any of these attributes. That's why we've been linked to Fred who I presume is very similar to Fernandinho. Wilfred Ndidi has all the necessary attributes to fit into Pep's system but I'm not sure he's good enough.

We need a defensive midfielder who is full of energy, athletic, good on the ball and a greater passer. Emre Can doesn't fit into this category because he doesn't possess any of these attributes. That's why we've been linked to Fred who I presume is very similar to Fernandinho. Wilfred Ndidi has all the necessary attributes to fit into Pep's system but I'm not sure he's good enough.
Ndombele

You read my mind there. There have been talks about Weigl, Jorginho, Fred, Ndombele. Granted I have not seen the latter enough to make my judgment, I'd rather have Nzonzi over the rest. Only downside is age but if he will come on the cheap, it's a no brainer for me as we can get another DM in the following summer.

Best defensive midfielder in the world for me. He’s 30 in December so I think it’s a no go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.