Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Emre Can: “I have the self-confidence to say that my qualities are sufficient to play in a very big club next season.”

Basically saying Liverpool are not a very big club, wonderful.

Doubt that City are interested. And Bayern simply don't need another midfielder. The source is Italian, most probably the agent feeds the press with rumours, trying to get a better deal from Juve.

He was nailed on for Juve prior to December and rumors have cooled.

Why do u think we’re not interested? Young, German, Free, good player, Pep knows him.

Bayern maybe not, but then again Thiago is a sick note. Rumors of Vidal possibly leaving and uncertainty on James’ future. Can is German and is free, this is a typical Bayern signing.

Emre Can: “I have the self-confidence to say that my qualities are sufficient to play in a very big club next season.”

Basically saying Liverpool are not a very big club, wonderful.

That won’t go down well.

Can isn’t a DM anyway.

He is a box to box midfield player.

Would be a decent addition but he wouldn’t start at City. Not ahead of KDB or Silva.

That won’t go down well.

Can isn’t a DM anyway.

He is a box to box midfield player.

Would be a decent addition but he wouldn’t start at City. Not ahead of KDB or Silva.
Can usually plays as a defensive midfielder. He can also play CB and RB, and would be a great addition for free

Delph is totally different? It wasn't his boyhood club, he's obviously from Leeds, and he said he wasn't coming because the board promised him they wouldn't sell Benteke and then immediately sold Benteke. When he said he wasn't coming, he meant it.

He didn't just tell me and "a few other folks", he told the press at his contract extension. Its tough to give a more clear sign than that. If Diaz signed a big extension this summer and said "I don't want to play for Real Madrid" I highly doubt you'd be in the thread saying "It's irrelevant what a young player says".

He hasn't even played a full season for a team that isn't even the best in the Eriedivise, he's right when he says he's not ready.
The 'boyhood club' part again is unimportant. As his point is that he doesn't think 'he is ready fota big club like City' and not that he'll not leave his boyhood club.

His fear is one of playing time. Thus if Pep says 'you are ready' that fear and prior comment becomes moot. That's the point.

In that sense Its irrelevant what the young player said because he said it based on an assumption. If that assumption is shown to be baseless ( I.e. Pep thinks he is ready) then his position will change. Or at least the question now becomes, should I play for City or Ajax?

Can usually plays as a defensive midfielder. He can also play CB and RB, and would be a great addition for free
I can't see us adding more than 1 to the squad in that position to replace Yaya, so we need the best we can get and the fact he is free is neither here nor there.

fabulous player except he is slow, which is why he is nailed on for juve in the summer on a free, after he has got his loyalty bonus first of course

I can't see us adding more than 1 to the squad in that position to replace Yaya, so we need the best we can get and the fact he is free is neither here nor there.
Can is pretty good though. No problem with him being the only DM signing in the summer

Can is known to liverpool fans to have brain farts here and there, certainly not up to City's standard. Our CMs has to be the most cerebral one out of all positions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.