Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

I think the normal rule is 75% of international games in the past 2 years. Players who are an 'exceptional talent' are allowed to have less.
Looked at this a few weeks ago and he should be fine for a work permit.

He is good to go. Looking at the rules it is based upon FIFA rankings of the team and percentage of international matches played. Venezuela are ranked 29th in the world so for a player to qualify they need to have played at least 60% of the senior international matches over the last 2 years. But for players under 21, like Yangel this is reduced to over the last year. So he more than qualifies

Rules are here....
https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballer-work-permits/

I understand he was very good when he was playing in the MLS, if he can prove to be as good in the premiership remains to be seen. But he must be pretty decent to play in the senior international side from being only 19.

I just had this random thought... wasn't that brazilian Douglas Luiz a midfielder? If so, when he returns from loan, maybe Pep should try him in the holding midfielder spot. You never know, it could work out. And another wild idea, Kompany used to play that role, right? So, maybe the skipper could do a decent job in midfield. He can read the game well and is decent on the ball, not to mention his defensive abilities!

I just had this random thought... wasn't that brazilian Douglas Luiz a midfielder? If so, when he returns from loan, maybe Pep should try him in the holding midfielder spot. You never know, it could work out. And another wild idea, Kompany used to play that role, right? So, maybe the skipper could do a decent job in midfield. He can read the game well and is decent on the ball, not to mention his defensive abilities!

Sadly I don't believe Vinnie has the moblity for this role anymore

We dont want short term, we are looking for a player to play there long term.
We lost Fernandinho for 2 weeks and dropped points to some awful sides. If we don’t have a target we are prepared to pursue as a long term solution in Jan then I think it would be a big mistake to not find cover

We lost Fernandinho for 2 weeks and dropped points to some awful sides. If we don’t have a target we are prepared to pursue as a long term solution in Jan then I think it would be a big mistake to not find cover
We arent buying cover because when we get the player we want in the summer we'll be left with a player surpluss to requirements, we arent buying any stopgaps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.