Defensive Midfielder

Anyone seen much of Kristjan Asllani at Empoli?

We;ve been linked with him today.
Prefer Sandro Tonali if we are looking in the Serie A but he's a dream target. I really like Tommas Pobega who is currently on loan from Milan and plays for Torino. Really well rounded energetic box to box mid that is very good on the ball and can contribute in the attacking phase as well, has 4 goals and 2 assists for Torino in 26 games. Torino employ a similar style of play to Liverpool and are one of the more attacking sides in Europe so he is very comfortable playing in a high pressing system. Read somewhere that Torino have the most fouls committed in the top 5 leagues at a whopping 16.8 per game so he's adept in the dark arts

If Bissouma didn't have a possible sex offence case hanging over him, i think he would be an option.

Don’t know why everyone is naming young targets. Assuming Rodri isn’t leaving there are very few minutes available and the role is really only there for an older player who wants to play on a great squad as a squad member

Maybe someone like Brozovjc or Vidal or someone like that who mostly won’t play. Honestly even Brozovic is too good for the role

Don’t know why everyone is naming young targets. Assuming Rodri isn’t leaving there are very few minutes available and the role is really only there for an older player who wants to play on a great squad as a squad member

Maybe someone like Brozovjc or Vidal or someone like that who mostly won’t play. Honestly even Brozovic is too good for the role

That's why it needs to be someone who provides more options for varying team shape. Rodri has the passing, shooting, positioning, and presence to play further up the pitch. Sure, mobility-wise he's lacking, but for certain games a unit like Rodri farther up the pitch or playing as an 8 could be an asset.

If we bring in a young, mobile, dinho-esque dm then you could play a double pivot (hasn't worked before, but the false nine took a while to work too), maybe you could push Rodri forward like we used to do with Dejong for Yaya (no way am I saying Rodri is the same kind of player, just spitballing). Or even, a young DM could play in the 8 like fernandinho has in the past.

Having players who play multiple positions is how you keep everyone happy.

That's why it needs to be someone who provides more options for varying team shape. Rodri has the passing, shooting, positioning, and presence to play further up the pitch. Sure, mobility-wise he's lacking, but for certain games a unit like Rodri farther up the pitch or playing as an 8 could be an asset.

If we bring in a young, mobile, dinho-esque dm then you could play a double pivot (hasn't worked before, but the false nine took a while to work too), maybe you could push Rodri forward like we used to do with Dejong for Yaya (no way am I saying Rodri is the same kind of player, just spitballing). Or even, a young DM could play in the 8 like fernandinho has in the past.

Yes the last thing we need is a Rodri clone given he will play the majority of games anyway. To balance the squad, and for certain opposition or certain situations in some games, we actually need a younger, more mobile Ferna type. Someone who can get about the pitch more and quicker than Rodri

If its Nunes, i think this will be the other way around, he'll be the one pushing forward. His carrying of the ball from deep is one of his best attributes as well as switching play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.