Defensive Midfielder

Fern looked leggy ? He looked like one of our better players.

Why do people pick a subject and try to make a thing of it, its like the bbc news.

Yes we do need a holding midfielder but to give Fern stick for the spurs game is not justified.
Stick ? just having a general conversation about a 37 year old midfield player (by the time the seasons over) playing in the Premier League.

Rodri is a good footballer but personally I think he is not suited to the hustle and bustle of the Premier League.

He is fine against certain teams and his height helps defensively. I think he would be a very good centre half in a back 3. I think we should have gone for ndidi. Grealish kane and ndidi would have been an excellent window but a couple of attackers would need to be sold.

As we stand today we are a bit unbalanced.

Actually Fern was great in the first half but then tired. I generally agree with the broad point though that, at 37, we must find a replacement urgently. I believe his role this season should be mostly helping younger players and coming off the bench to help protect results. Fern can't be expected to play every match or anything like it.

Agreed. From my seat Fernandinho was excellent first half. The whole team collectively tired in the second half and even then, Fernandinho probably put in the hardest shift.

Does Pep really want what most of us would consider a defensive midfielder in the Fern or Kante mould?

Based on who he has tried to buy (Jorghino) and actually bought (Rodri) I think he really wants a deep lying playmaker. His ideal would be a young Busquets or young Pep!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.