Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
CKIY6qjWsAAcxMq.jpg

The only negative that I can see hat could be levelled at this signing is that he could block a player from the EDS. That's the only negative. The positives as I see them are:

1) Replacement for Pogba? Is he fuck. To think that the club would go down that road is barmy, especially with the info from Zin. As people have said, he's been bought most probably to replace Lampard.
2) We've paid £8 million for a 26 year old England international. Stop and take that in for a moment. £8 million quid. That is a total fucking steal and I cannot envisage a better price being paid for a player this transfer window.
3) Does he help to fulfil the homegrown criteria? Yes. Box ticked.
4) Will he want to prove all the fuckwits (journalists) wrong that are presently sitting down to write up a hatchet job on him? Yes.
5) If we do sign Pogba, as I believe we will, just think how strong that midfield will be from a defensive point of view.

I just meant in terms of the squad make up itself -- an English CM replacing another English CM. He fills a squad registration slot that otherwise would be left open. If Pogba comes, it's only at the expense of an existing foreign player so Delph has no affect on that.

This isn't a Pogba thread... it's about Delph (a signing I'm thrilled about personally). I'm pessimistic because of his wage demands, his cost and the fact Barcelona are interested. If we somehow end up signing him, I'd be over the moon but I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment and think it's anything but a pipe dream.
I don't think Barcelona are interested. Their coach reportedly is not.

But the image rights problem could be a deal breaker. Juve don't look like they want to sell either. Though maybe what the manager and club officials say is not as important as what the owners want.

The only negative that I can see hat could be levelled at this signing is that he could block a player from the EDS. That's the only negative. The positives as I see them are:

1) Replacement for Pogba? Is he fuck. To think that the club would go down that road is barmy, especially with the info from Zin. As people have said, he's been bought most probably to replace Lampard.
2) We've paid £8 million for a 26 year old England international. Stop and take that in for a moment. £8 million quid. That is a total fucking steal and I cannot envisage a better price being paid for a player this transfer window.
3) Does he help to fulfil the homegrown criteria? Yes. Box ticked.
4) Will he want to prove all the fuckwits (journalists) wrong that are presently sitting down to write up a hatchet job on him? Yes.
5) If we do sign Pogba, as I believe we will, just think how strong that midfield will be from a defensive point of view.

Exactly. The name might not make you hard in the pants but it really is a good deal for City.

If you are saying Pogba would make us Champions League contenders then yes I agree with you, but I am not going to cry if we fail to sign one of the best players in the world. In the meantime we are still strengthening

Quite an admission you made there. Miscalculation

"But I am not going to cry if we fail to sign one of the best players in the world"

Nor am I. But I'm not afraid to say that I'd be gutted if we did miss out.

I suppose that shows how far we've come as a club however.

Not sure what you're on about re an admission, no admission or miscalution in my comments here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.