Denis Suarez {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kippax Street 1880 said:
Also add that scoring the last goal in a 7-0 friendly win doesn't mean Juan Roman is Barca's next big hope.

No the thing is he has impressed the Barca fans with the goal - its not bad at all - and it would seem that he has a chance to break into the Barcelona team. Barcelona's midfield is the best in the world..

Re: Denis Suarez

Saif1994 said:
Grieffymcfcctid said:
CheadleBlue said:
This is what will happen if we don't use him properly.

<a class="postlink" href="http://hereisthecity.com/2013/07/28/former-manchester-city-wonderkid-joan-roman-off-the-mark-for-bar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hereisthecity.com/2013/07/28/for ... k-for-bar/</a>
exactly, we didnt use him properly and actually took the piss and now look at him for barca

Exactly. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PKIVhftiQo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

He scored the last goal in that video. We have 4 amazing young attacking talents in Emyr, Denis, Pozo and Lopes and yet people here think that we should not 'sacrifice' team performance to nurture youngsters? Thats not our vision. Pellegrini isn't that type of manager. Did Barcelona buy Iniesta or Xavi at their peaks? No. They eased them into the first team and look at how much it has won them.

Either way I hope it doesn't turn into another Joan Roman situation, because clearly Barcelona were the winners of the deal.

We have a vision to grow on a global stage , sooner rather than later , and that's totally dependent on this clubs success , both on and off the field ...... we HAVE to stay in the limelight , both domestically and internationally.

I've said it before and i'll say it again , a young player is gonna have to be a bit 'special' , and FORCE his way into future City sides , and be good enough to hang around when he does ...... like Rooney did at Everton , like Scholes and his like did at United ...... they then need to be competent enough to hold their place against the existing playing staff , or anyone the club brings in.

We are a 'growing force' , and results and success are more important than ever ...... potential new fans around the globe like to support winning clubs !

black mamba said:
I've said it before and i'll say it again , a young player is gonna have to be a bit 'special' , and FORCE his way into future City sides , and be good enough to hang around when he does ...... like Rooney did at Everton , like Scholes and his like did at United ...... they then need to be competent enough to hold their place against the existing playing staff , or anyone the club brings in.

We are a 'growing force' , and results and success are more important than ever ...... potential new fans around the globe like to support winning clubs !

No reason we can't turn some of them into useful squad players though - at least as long as they're willing to be. We have 25 spots in the main squad (though the kids don't count until they turn 21) and spots #20 to #25 probably aren't going to be super-high quality established talent. Boyata, if he hadn't inexplicably become awful, would have been a good example of someone who could exist on the fringes of the first team fighting for a more prominent role. With our lack of left-sided talent, Suarez would have a good chance if Pellegrini thinks he has the potential.

LoveCity said:
black mamba said:

No reason we can't turn some of them into useful squad players though - at least as long as they're willing to be. We have 25 spots in the main squad (though the kids don't count until they turn 21) and spots #20 to #25 probably aren't going to be super-high quality established talent. Boyata, if he hadn't inexplicably become awful, would have been a good example of someone who could exist on the fringes of the first team fighting for a more prominent role. With our lack of left-sided talent, Suarez would have a good chance if Pellegrini thinks he has the potential.

I agree ......

although the emphasis still HAS to be on the player though , whenever he gets the chance ..... good young players don't stay 'in the shadows' at a top club for too long , they can't afford too nowadays.

Problem for Denis Suarez is that it seems Marcos Lopes is the better talent of the two, and that he is also much more dedicated, and that he has stepped infront of Denis in the former season. Id say that Denis needs a loan, and if he shines there, give him a proper chance here, not a half chance.

spinzer said:
Problem for Denis Suarez is that it seems Marcos Lopes is the better talent of the two, and that he is also much more dedicated, and that he has stepped infront of Denis in the former season. Id say that Denis needs a loan, and if he shines there, give him a proper chance here, not a half chance.
Pozo is a bigger talent than both.

kun said:
spinzer said:
Well, you could argue that, but does he has as much dedication as Lopes?
Seems to me that lopes is almost as dedicated as Ronaldo, which is why lopes is the poster boy around the academy, and the example the city bosses use to get the other youth players dedicated.

Saif1994 said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
Also add that scoring the last goal in a 7-0 friendly win doesn't mean Juan Roman is Barca's next big hope.

No the thing is he has impressed the Barca fans with the goal - its not bad at all - and it would seem that he has a chance to break into the Barcelona team. Barcelona's midfield is the best in the world..
He's scored the final goal, in a near walkover, pre-season friendly, that doesn't mean he's broken into the Barca first team, in time he might, as might Suarez here.

Young players will become first teamer's when they are ready, whether its at Barca, City, or Falkirk, and not before, the smaller the club the smaller the squad, and in most cases the smaller the club, so the better chance they have.

kun said:
spinzer said:

Agree about Pozo, immense natural ability but he is a year younger than Lopes so we shouldn't expect too much too soon plus he got a nasty injury late last season and I don't think he's fully fit yet as he hasn't featured in the EDS coverage that I've seen.

black mamba said:
Saif1994 said:
Grieffymcfcctid said:
exactly, we didnt use him properly and actually took the piss and now look at him for barca

Exactly. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PKIVhftiQo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

He scored the last goal in that video. We have 4 amazing young attacking talents in Emyr, Denis, Pozo and Lopes and yet people here think that we should not 'sacrifice' team performance to nurture youngsters? Thats not our vision. Pellegrini isn't that type of manager. Did Barcelona buy Iniesta or Xavi at their peaks? No. They eased them into the first team and look at how much it has won them.

Either way I hope it doesn't turn into another Joan Roman situation, because clearly Barcelona were the winners of the deal.

We have a vision to grow on a global stage , sooner rather than later , and that's totally dependent on this clubs success , both on and off the field ...... we HAVE to stay in the limelight , both domestically and internationally.

Couldn't agree more. Hell it's even true of Barca who are proclaimed the youth development club of the planet. They had Thiago a very talented young prospect but he wasn't good enough to push in front of Iniesta, Xavi or Cesc and as a result didn't play and has now left. A big part of it is timing. The player needs to come of age at the right time. When the player he's replacing is on the downside or at the peak of his skills and is sold to bankroll future purchases etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.