Denis Zakaria

injured again..
Good for us short-term though I guess, considering we are about to meet then?

But would be interesting to get a look at him against us.

Anyhow I'm more in the Douglas Luiz camp. The one I really want but doubt we can get is Bentancur from Juve. Either way Rodri is ace and on current form no one comes in and takes his place

Good for us short-term though I guess, considering we are about to meet then?

But would be interesting to get a look at him against us.

Anyhow I'm more in the Douglas Luiz camp. The one I really want but doubt we can get is Bentancur from Juve. Either way Rodri is ace and on current form no one comes in and takes his place
Watched Luiz closely v Leicester to see how he handled himself against a good team. Sadly, he absolutely shat the bed, especially without Grealish as an easy out ball

Do we really need him. Rodri is the obvious first choice and rightly so. 35 yo Fernandinho still plays better than most DMs under 30. And we have the up-and-coming Doyle who looks to be the next EDS great product after Foden.

Do we really need him. Rodri is the obvious first choice and rightly so. 35 yo Fernandinho still plays better than most DMs under 30. And we have the up-and-coming Doyle who looks to be the next EDS great product after Foden.
We don’t need Zakaria but we need a DM. Fernandinho’s contract won’t be extended. Doyle isn’t ready for prime time yet

Milenkovic-savic is the best CDM available, but i doubt very much that pep wants a first team player already having Rodri, so we look for someone without the reputation willing to fight for the place that will not take too much money, that will probably needed else where, So Zakaria is tall, so is Rodri and that is the reason we have kept so many clean sheets this season, Zakaria is one of the fastest of the linked players, and with a slow team this could be an advantage, he is also one of the best at tackling and as you would expect interceptions, his passing is hot great, Rodri`s is better but it could improve with different questions being asked?, in short Zakaria has most of what we have and most of what we have not.
My first choice would have been Camavinga but i think Pep would rather wait for a youth player to come through

As fans we tend to wish to replace an outgoing player with a similar player. It never really happens that way. Did like Zakaria, but guscruz has been right. Perfomances of late, and a new injury, suggest he would be a gamble. Pep will come up with some signing and a way of playing that we never considered. And he will be right, again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.