Denis Zakaria

Man City could sign £24.3m Fernandinho replacement for free

The Switzerland international's time at the German club, at this moment in time, is poised to draw to a close next summer, meaning he will be free to negotiate a pre-contract agreement with a non-German club from January, should he not have signed a new contract by then.

Furthermore, Monchengladbach sporting director Max Eberl confirmed back in July that the midfielder is pushing to leave the club. "With Denis, we have been trying to extend his contract since October," Eberl said, as quoted by Goal. "Denis and his management told us pretty clearly that they would prefer a transfer this summer."

The question to ask is, in 1 years time, will Lavia be good enough to cover for Rodri if injured.

I agree it’s a big risk, but Lavia only has until 2023 on his contract. Is he going to commit long term with Rodri and a new signing like Zakaria ahead of him in the pecking order? Especially in a position like DM when we only play with 1 each game.

Like with McAtee, I think it’s easy to assume the club will have held talks to extend his contract alongside Palmer/Delap, yet we haven’t had any news of this extension. I think it’s very much a case of Lavia seeing how this season plays out and whether we bring in anyone new before making that decision.

If the club don’t take gambles, we will lose some of these supremely talented academy players in the process, as they’re going to have decent clubs in their ears offering them first team football.

And let’s not forget that Gundogan has been more than decent in the DM role in the past and Zinchenko’s more than capable of playing there, as shown for Ukraine. We would have options if Rodri were injured and Lavia isn’t up to scratch.

I agree it’s a big risk, but Lavia only has until 2023 on his contract. Is he going to commit long term with Rodri and a new signing like Zakaria ahead of him in the pecking order? Especially in a position like DM when we only play with 1 each game.

Like with McAtee, I think it’s easy to assume the club will have held talks to extend his contract alongside Palmer/Delap, yet we haven’t had any news of this extension. I think it’s very much a case of Lavia seeing how this season plays out and whether we bring in anyone new before making that decision.

If the club don’t take gambles, we will lose some of these supremely talented academy players in the process, as they’re going to have decent clubs in their ears offering them first team football.

And let’s not forget that Gundogan has been more than decent in the DM role in the past and Zinchenko’s more than capable of playing there, as shown for Ukraine. We would have options if Rodri were injured and Lavia isn’t up to scratch.
Lavia has only just come to the club so his contract is okay, he is also nowhere near good enough to play in the PL in the DM position, Gundogan is crap there, Fernandinho is finished there, and Zinchenko not much better, we do need a DM as a back up to Rodri but it is not Zakaria who has not put in a good performance since his injury last year. Bissouma is a possibility but Renato Sanches is the best quality, now Rodri, Sanches and Lavia vying for one of the three positions you need three players for sounds good to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.