Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can see the players aren't enjoying it. They should be buzzing and floating past players , like they do for their clubs. Criminal lack of energy and too much fear.
Because they are all being asked to be water carriers for Bellingham.

You can see it throughout both matches.

There is absolutely no fluidity or cohesion because everyone’s job is to enable Bellingham to go where he wants and do whatever he wants. The desperation is palpable when any other player gets the ball in or near the box—it is this fleeting chance to actually play. Tonight you could even see visible hints of frustration from many when Bellingham did his customary series of attempts to carry the ball to Denmark’s goal on his own, ignoring teammates in acres of space.

If I was Phil, and didn’t care about the consequences, I would stand up in the dressing room, look straight at Southgate, and ask “are we meant to be playing matches in the Euros or testimonials for Jude?”

Because as much as Bellingham is getting on my tits with his massive ego and selfish play, this ultimately comes down to the manager not being strong enough (or clever enough) to make sure he knows his place.

Instead, we have one that has seemingly setup a side to enable it.

The obvious answer is to put Bellingham in the 8 role, foden as a 10 and Gordon on the left.
Looking at St. Jude's performances over the 2 games I don't think you could do that with this England team. Seems to have bought into the hype and just seems to stand around doing nothing much of note. Kane would be okay dropping deep if the player in the #10 role would run on beyond. Bellingham didn't do that once this game. Nor is he effective in the press (see standing around comment) not that England as a team seemed to have much cohesion in which to do so anyway. How he remained on the pitch for 90mins is would be one of life's great mysteries except one look at the head coach and it speaks volumes.

I predicted a draw before the game and I think a draw on Tuesday is more than likely too. This squad looks devoid of confidence and quality on the ball. Some of them should have a good look at themselves and leave their egos in the dressing room

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.