Dennis Tueart video interview

Thanks for all the comments. There are other interviews like that on my website and one day, when I get chance, I’ll post some of the ones I did years ago with players who are no longer with us. I’ve already got John Bond and Malcolm Allison audio interviews on the site for subscribers but hope to get Bell, Ken Barnes, Pardoe, Fagan and others on there.

Me pal rang Dennis once asking him to sign something at no benefit to himself, an appointment was set, he got sideswiped into a pint and it was the next morning he remembered the appointment.

He banded it round his mind for a fortnight before lifting the phone to try again, he said Dennis roasted him about honesty and punctuality but gave him a 5 min window to the dot the next day ( a characteristic that came through on this interview) he got the signature.

Thought I’d take this opportunity to post this video of Dennis and Johnny Marr. Mostly knockabout stuff but they make a good double act!

Great player, nice guy ? Forget it he's a bit of a ****
Wouldn’t like to comment on the ‘nice guy’ thing really, but he definitely wasn’t afraid of speaking his mind mate, no matter who you were, something I witnessed at a Junior Blues meeting in the 70s when he was asked by a lad if he thought he could still beat up Archie Gemmill, Dennis wasn’t impressed, room went from hysterical laughter to stunned silence in a few seconds.

Fantastic player though and enjoyed his book, cheers Gary.

Wouldn’t like to comment on the ‘nice guy’ thing really, but he definitely wasn’t afraid of speaking his mind mate, no matter who you were, something I witnessed at a Junior Blues meeting in the 70s when he was asked by a lad if he thought he could still beat up Archie Gemmill, Dennis wasn’t impressed, room went from hysterical laughter to stunned silence in a few seconds.

Fantastic player though and enjoyed his book, cheers Gary.
I also remember he was getting pissed when Peter Barnes started getting all the spotlight and adulation.

I also remember he was getting pissed when Peter Barnes started getting all the spotlight and adulation.
I’ve a vague recollection mate but not to the extent, but little would surprise me.

Not something you think about as a kid (not me anyway) but Dennis was a big idol, and it was only as I got older ( and read his book) that I started to get a better understanding of his personality, he was a winner, worked to the highest standard and was very blunt and direct (him and Craig Bellamy seem very similar in that way), and I like people like that, so it isn’t meant in a negative way, it has many many upsides, but you still need to be a little flexible I think, and I’m not sure Dennis ever had (or will have) that in him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.