Dennis Tueart video interview

Saw him at a supporters club do once, me n me dad a quick chat with him he was sound and funny, told the room rossiter/squash story and how close he was to joining the rags

Biggest take though was he isn't a fan of rodney marsh
Don’t know if you read his book mate, but it was pretty clear he had very little time for him.
On the flip side, when I’ve watched Rodney interviews and he recalls some players were a bit of a twat with him (without naming names) Dennis always pops up in my head.

Definitely no love lost there.

Don’t know if you read his book mate, but it was pretty clear he had very little time for him.
On the flip side, when I’ve watched Rodney interviews and he recalls some players were a bit of a twat with him (without naming names) Dennis always pops up in my head.

I was being polite tbf, it seems like he hates marsh if honest, something I took as fact when one supporters club member asked him in the Q&A what his problem was with marsh who was this fellas favourite player and Tueart replied because he was a dickhead

Last edited:

Dennis talks about it in the interview:

I was being polite tbf, it seems like he hates marsh if honest, something I took as fact when one supporters club member asked him in the Q&A what his problem was with marsh who was this fellas favourite player and Tueart replied because he was a dickhead
Tueart explains why he didn’t like Marsh in the interview:

We had Dennis over for one of our Mid Cheshire Branch Meetings and he was excellent. Took no prisoners and said it how he felt it should be said.
Well worth going to see him at any Local Branch Meetings if you get the chance.
Exactly. He may say things many disagree with or don’t like but at least he gives his view. Too often publicly former players will just say the niceties but the truth is that behind the scenes/in the dressing room some of our heroes just didn’t get on. I’d rather hear their views because it’s how they felt than the ‘oh, it was all wonderful and we’re all mates’ approach. Of course many were mates and did get on too.

Tueart explains why he didn’t like Marsh in the interview:
gonan watch it tomorrow off to wolves in a minite :-) and yeah pretty much he went into detail about what he thought and how he wasn't a fan of players like that to the branch meeting the he was a dickhead comment he added to the Q&A sort of confirmed his dislike, he also was very honest and didn't mince his words or be false about things, one of the best ex players I have seen speak and was genuinely nice to talk to.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.